Time for a new OC

Who is a better coach that is available? What plays should OC be calling in your opinion? Let’s hear all the armchair QB’s solutions. I’m telling you, relax. This year is not a complete loss. Next few years will be better. Unless everyone transfers out.

OC has proved his job is WAY over his head year after year. I will pay less attention to Miami football until this guy is gone.

I will watch recaps and news AFTER games. Less painful.

2 Likes

@Ballcoach1 Chuck, that you?

1 Like

It’s always next year, next year, next year! Year after year - why do we have to be subject to that when more is demanded at less rich programs? No disrespect to you as a person, but this just reeks of apathy. I’ll be honest and say I don’t have the answers, but these folks are getting paid good money - above a large portion of the population - to provide their “expertise.”

2 Likes

I would take Chryst or Frost. Both have had greater success than our coach. Pie in the sky yes, but you didn’t set stipulations on things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohio breathed life into a program where none really existed when it brought in Frank Solich. He seemed very content there, put down roots and gave the Bobcats first class coaching - and decent success for Ohio - until his health wouldn’t let him continue.

If we’re no longer attracttive to the Walker, Doeren, Clausen, Campbell, Babers or Fleck types of young aggressive coaches, perhaps the Ohio model with Solich is a decent alternative. Have to find just the right fit.

2 Likes

My concern…all these guys that transferred in are regretting it…not what they expected I’m sure…as D has been pretty darn good overall.

But 10 points @ home versus WMU with Broncos using frosh QB…our third year QB cant get win against UB and BG, sitting at 1-3 in MAC, no chance against UC in future…most certainly looking at getting rolled by OU this year, with this level of play…

I don’t know, things are not what I would say are fine…likely looking at 4-8, or 5-7.

2 Likes

You are so right. We can’t become “settlers”. Also, it appeared to me at the game Saturday, that Gabbard took over and called his own plays in the 4 th qtr. and sped up the offense. We were much more effective.

4 Likes

A name to consider… Paul Chryst was recently fired at Wisconsin. In eight yrs, he was 67-26, or .720. At a place that doesn’t have some of the advantages of other programs. I have watched Wis in the past due to the quality of their play and my respect for Chryst. When he was fired, he was owed $20M from Wis on a contract that runs through Jan, '27.
If I was David Sayler, I would call him and ask if he would like to become Miami’s Frank Solich. Not in those words, of course. He doesn’t need a big paying job. He’s a Midwest guy. If the answer was yes, I would make a move immediately.
Chuck is a wonderful human being. A great father. A great representative for Miami to recruits and families. But it’s been nine years. If he comes back next year, I would hope there would be an understanding of our expectations and a failure to meet those expectations would result in a change. After all this time, no need to mince words.

7 Likes

Sorry, bpat. Didn’t see your reference to Chryst until after I posted. Obviously, I think it was a great call. Frost–I’m not too sure about him. I am also sure there are several young Miami coaches would be great candidates.

Nine years, even with a pass on the first two, is enough in my book to evaluate a coach and his staff (organizational delegation, accountability, personal responsibility and, most impt., RESULTS)

College athletics is a business; it is not an academic department and the pay and the standards are different in one from the other. Miami, at times, seems not to recognize that.

6 Likes

Have a headset do ya Gene?

I just see a lot of whining and no real suggestions. CM has improved the program. Let’s see how the season ends before we go scorched earth.

1 Like

I was told they were going to win out

1 Like

You have a point. This coach is basically.500 take away first two years. They signed their highest ranked recruiting class ever in 2022. Looks like 2023 is shaping up as nice class as well. Let’s see how these classes pan out.

1 Like

I said that. My bad….we will go 3-1 now, if not 4-0.

1 Like

I don’t see CM hanging on these sites. What do I know though??

1 Like

He doesn’t need to, you’ve become his biggest apologist.

4 Likes

Not at all. I just have never been big on complaining. I havent seen one answer from the “armchair “ gang. Be a fan, cheer your team, be upset when they lose. Just stop with the “fire him” “ OC has to go”. Just dumb. What do they need to go differently???

2 Likes

@Ballcoach1 Why lurk in the shadows? What purpose does that achieve?

I’ll paraphrase what I said to FW yesterday when he told everyone it’s inappropriate to evaluate or criticize our program and coaches because they don’t come to our offices and criticize us.

Well, they don’t pay most of us nearly a million bucks a year for what we do, they don’t sell tickets to watch us work and they don’t hype our activities and then televise our presentations nationally with our brand all over them. .

Nope. This is different. We are stakeholders of a university and athletic department and if we’re not satisfied we’ll let it be known.

And to answer your question in simple terms: They need to win consistently at a considerably higher clip than they have shown us in their nine years at the helm.

3 Likes