Time for a new OC

Niche… No, you don’t care that Miami students are getting better jobs than their peers, you don’t care that they’re being promoted and getting raises at a faster rate than their peers, you care about a website that uses user submitted data. You can’t even look up what goes into the rankings you care about so much. That would make me question if Miami was decent when you went there, because at least my peers are out there doing big things. And we’re capable of looking deeper. Like at the fact OSU hires the most cited professors in multiple fields to not even teach, because most of the rankings you care about look at professor citations, even if a grad assistant teaches their class.

2 Likes

@JiveHawk my peers and I are also doing great things. Much success. I do look up the rankings. Miami students were consistently earning more straight out of school than Ohio State alums. The numbers have pulled almost even.

As for ranking dynamics, I do look them up and at their makeup. I do understand statistical analysis, logarithms, and metrics. MU is not trending in the right direction. I expect to see this change with the investments being made by all of us. This statement is not intended to take a shot at your intelligence, success level, peers’ success, etc.

Side note- can we stop talking about Marshall being a good football team? They have no other FBS wins besides ND. BG beating them is no feat.

Bowling Green is a downright awful football team, and we lost to them because of our Playcalling

1 Like

Should’ve never started complimenting that slime.

2 Likes

“We’re” not talking 'bout Marshall, that’s theoretical CM speak.

But also relevant to a degree…CM, right or wrong in this situation will point to anything can happen (“bad team can beat a good one, MAC is tough grind”), even though most of us think we just had a crappy offensive game plan.

1 Like

=>“…we lost to them because of playcalling.”

And obviously a DII talent at QB.

1 Like

We beat Kent State and NW with that same QB.

1 Like

Yep

Does anyone remember the last time we beat a team the finished the season with a winning record? Maybe Central Michigan midway through last season. And Ball State in the short 2020 season. The teams we’re crowing about beating this season are a combined 3-15. One of them is a low level FCS squad. How low we’ve sunken!

maybe Ball State one year?

=>Defending Aveon?

Absolutely. Eric Koehler lost this game.

2 Likes

Fewest points Kentucky has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami

Fewest points Cincinnati has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami

Fewest points Northwestern has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami

Fewest points Kent St has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami

Fewest points Bowling Green has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami

Fewest points WMU has allowed against an FBS opponent: Miami (assuming we don’t score 31+)

We’re the only FBS opponent Robert Morris has played this season, but 4/6 of their FCS opponents have scored more against them than we did.

3 Likes

Currently averaging 16.7 ppg against FBS opponents.

2 Likes

Can anyone give an argument as to why Koehler still should have his job come Monday other than money?

Nope. Nada. None, Zero

1 Like

No…he has to go…but maybe CM too at this point.

4 Likes

We did not even call a play to the TE until 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and Coldiron was open all day!!

1 Like

Another disappointing gameplan. We ran the jet sweep on the 1st drive, got 20-25 yards at least, and didn’t run it again? Once again, we did nothing to slow down the opposition’s rush. It seemed like Western crashed down hard every play and any misdirection, even the successful counter runs we had vs. Kent would’ve worked. We had short field after short field in the 1st half and did nothing with them.

1 Like

5th place in the MAC East - a game ahead of the Zips. Next week’s game is a struggle for the basement.

2 Likes