Time for a new OC

Each game is different. History means nothing in football.

This is not the same O Line that faced KY and the rest. Players out, banged up. They are learning and improving.

2 Likes

Actually the numbers the last few games suggest they are regressing. But perhaps we are looking at different numbers.

2 Likes

Not sure of Akronā€™s season defense stats YTD, but we ran the ball 37 times for 84 yards, or 2.3 yards per carry.

2 Likes

I did see Animal Houseā€¦back when I had a few more functioning and firing brain cells. Itā€™s been a long ride since the days of John Pont and Bo at Miamiā€¦so my Movie Channel is relegated to ESPN, Fox Sports, The Golf Channel, etc.

To shown Iā€™m not totally brain dead, my wife a I like LIV Golf----itā€™s like The Phoenix Open on steroidsā€¦plus a lot of cash.

And, yes, Miami needs an OCā€¦badly. There is minimal glory with yesterdayā€™s win. Miamiā€™s D has been terrific, especially after the portal departures of three top-rated studsā€¦but our O is just embarrassing.

2 Likes

We agree to disagree about the golf. But I like that you watch golf so thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re improving just ask BC

1 Like

Thatā€™s reality of football though, everyone is banged up so hard to just accept thatā€¦but maybe is the case.

Otherwise, itā€™s the same line that faced NU, Vaughn is only guy that is not there, as Borders was projected starter over Brekke, I believe. Feth, Schaffer and Holskey are established starters.

Something is not working in run game, Patton is OL, run game coordinatorā€¦heā€™s got sort it out with CM it seemsā€¦and then some decisions need to be made @ coordinator, as our Offense numbers need to be better as program moving forward if we ever want to have real success.

Feel free to click through from 2017 on, its not greatā€¦overall.

Thatā€™s an awfully strange statement from someone who claims to be a coach. How do you game plan?

1 Like

Nice post, CoolPapa. I would suggest weā€™re actually walking on the bottom instead of treading water.

1 Like

A few better play calls yesterday - misdirection TD ( given our weak O line why not
more misdirection calls ? ) , short roll out pass by Brett ( could/should have been a TD ), passes to our TEā€™s ( we need to use them a great deal more ), and passes to Marshall that were two dropped TDā€™s ) BUT still no commitment and patience by OC for short/ medium range possession passing game ( and this has been the case for 9 years under CM )- get Brett into a rhythm with his quick release ability and set up a few deep throws. Do we have any ability to run wide? Bottom line is that there still is a great lack of common sense and football IQ on offense and stats over the years of this staff support this conclusion ( Ball Coach do some objective homework re this staff over the years ). Our OL a major issue - go back to how poor they were even against Robert Morris- yes missing two starters but is our depth this bad ? Unless this is fixed we are at risk of losing all of our remaining games ( Akron, BG and WMU D lines gave up large yardage against everyone but Miami ). D still the strength of the team esp after portal/ grad departures BUT it is is still too predictable esp in pass coverage ( our frozen zone pass D difficult to watch )and we do not bring pressure often enough ( when was our last safety blitz? )-please in a few situations play press D and go two up on opposing team wideouts to keep them honest on out routes and reduce opposing team O possession time. A lot of positives from this staff on recruiting, team leadership, academics and team chemistry BUT still lacking on game day achievement and we are at a very disappointing 4-5 record after losing games we should have won v. Buffalo, BG and WMU- the next three games will be a good test to measure whether this staff should continue at Miami.

6 Likes

A series of one week coaching contracts through the end of the season. Another loss should trigger the time for a change. If 7-5, then evaluate for next season based on results of the bowl.

2 Likes

Honestly, Nescacdad, I think it would take a 5-7 finish for Sayler to consider dismissing this staff, and kinda doubt even that would trigger it. If we lose to OU, I consider it very unlikely weā€™d win out to get to 6-6.

We are walking on a sandy bottom against the current and heading toward deep water. Our life vest returned a few games ago, but unless we use it correctly we may still sink.

1 Like

Butā€¦as everything you described is happening, are we singing a sea shanty. And if yes, how do the lyrics go.?

1 Like

I was just throwing it in there to see who has a sense of humor. Lifeā€™s too short, we have to laugh.

1 Like

Yo ho ho and we canā€™t run.

2 Likes

Arrg! You win!

1 Like

First, I havenā€™t coached in 5 years. Second, you donā€™t game plan for Ohio by wallowing in Akron. Every team is different. Every game is different.

Not going to happen my man.

1 Like