Time for a new OC

So what Miami and OU have accomplished this season and what their tendencies are on offense and defense (i.e., history) are irrelevant? Why even watch film on your opponent then?

You’re certainly persistent in sticking with your Jon Klacik level standards for offensive achievement. When you evaluate success you have to include the negative outcomes along with the positive ones. You also have to take into account the level of competition you’re playing. You’re standards aren’t very challenging, “my man.” Your warm and fuzzy endorsement of our nearly nine season mediocre coaching record is borderline troll-like.

4 Likes

It’s crossed my mind that we’re being trolled.

1 Like

I have thought a lot about this post since it was created. The question I have for all is this: Are our players as capable as we think they are? A lot of blame on the OC here but does he have the Jimmy’s and Joe’s?

There have been a few mentions of the missed opportunities on Saturday. Missed catches and errant throws certainly shouldn’t be placed on the OC. And had those been properly executed would those successes have generated more success?

If we go back to the Kent State game (I believe our biggest win), there were numerous critical completions, including the one that sealed the game, that were 100% the result of scheme. The OC deserves that credit.

Now, do I think that we could be in a better spot? ABSOLUTELY! I believe that the 5 week strategy of 1 dimensional hope was horrid and inexplicable. It is plausible that we are still recovering from the work load on the O-line and overall lack of condition to run a “normal” offense. That period aside, are we realistic about the ceiling of players on the field?

I am not buying or selling here, just trying to add critical thinking to the forum.

2 Likes

I also have wondered about our talent level. The problem I see is that if I am wondering, the OC should absolutely know our strength and weaknesses compared to our opponents and game plan for those differences. We can’t run the ball from the gun on delays or anything else. Play action may help if we are under the center. When you have to run five yards just to get to the l o s the linemen have to hold their blocks longer. We can not seem to do that. I really hate to see our backs run into the seemingly brick walls.

3 Likes

Troll

So, if you aren’t a negative crybaby you are a troll? No, I’m a fan that understands football, coaching and I see a path. Not a troll, or grumpy.

1 Like

I think we have a lot of young playmakers on offense that are not quite ready for action. #84 receiver looks really good. I think we have some good young QB’s, Brunson the VT RB transfer looks strong too. Probably needs a year to learn the new schemes.

I don’t think it’s talent level…the recruiting metrics for MAC say otherwise…BTB’s take makes sense in one or two year sceanrio maybe, but just look at our offense rankings in MAC last 9 years…it’s more systemic.

Part CM, with "sweatervest tendency, " and part our offensive coaches in place it would seem.

Several MAC teams out perform Miami offensively over last 9 years…you can’t say they all have better talent.

Interesting on Athletic take preseason:

" East Division

1. Miami (Ohio)

The RedHawks have been an odd team. They’re 20-8 in MAC games dating to the start of 2018, and yet they went a decade without a nonconference FBS win, ending that streak with the bowl win against North Texas. Brett Gabbert is back at quarterback, and the offensive line should be a strength. If some go-to receivers can emerge, the offense will be in a good spot. The defense must replace several key cogs. The schedule is a bit favorable, and Miami stands out as the favorite in the East."

1 Like

Dom Robinson had a nice pass deflection today. My high quality tv showed it. Ok, it’s a Vizeo and I only kinda saw it, but the box score seems to confirm I’m right.
I’m not sure if I thread jacked here but all the arguing is making me think I’m home at Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Watched some of game…he was in on a sack as well…but did not seem to play as much as thought he might with Quinn gone.

2 Likes

I bet he gets in more. The Pound Sterling as well.

1 Like

As a Ballcoach too, we need some better offense. Yes, today was OK, but against Akron. Need to see more.

4 Likes

Somebody at the game said Feth did not play ( injury) and Schaffer should have had to sit out the first half because of last weeks ejection.

Sometimes Ballcoaches disagree. I’m not related to any of the staff and covering for them, just a ballcoach wanting to make MiamiU Football better. I need the strong character of Randy Walker, the attitude of Terry Hoepner and the Riverboat Gambler fake plays of Mike Haywood. Sprinkle in a pre-bowl game speech of Lance Guidry!

2 Likes

Just call me “The Ole Ball Coach” for short.

Thanks

4 Likes

Feth has been out last 2 games.

I’m done with the attitude of “we should win this game, or that game”, I.e we Steelers fans thought that the post -buy schedule was more favorable, and we “should win” the bulk of those games……nope…

I’m super glad we won and our defense looks very good, but our offense really is boring and needs some work. It is almost embarrassing not to be able to do whatever we want against Akron.

5 Likes

Can’t believe I just spent 7 minutes watching that, but damn it was entertaining watching and knowing I thought that was cool AF when I was a kid!

2 Likes