The Unwatchable NBA

“I can’t imagine being someone who hates watching Luka/Giannis/LeBron/100 other players but loves watching James Harden. That’s wild.”

Nor can I. I must have missed someone saying they hate watching watching Luka/Giannis/LeBron/100 other players.

You started a trash debate that isn’t rooted in any truth other than “no one cares about all star games”.

While I want to call you every name in the book because this argument sucks, I won’t as I am as classy as I am handsome so I’ll just say that you deserve Ben Simmons back. You’ve earned him. The Sixers ain’t winning shit either.

This is what you said (below). Just pointing out the inaccuracy in its entirety. Especially the James Harden snippet. And yes, the NBA is unwatchable. Many agree. Many disagree. “Live with it.”

Re Simmons, a head case that needs a fresh start…again.

“I can’t imagine being someone who hates watching Luka/Giannis/LeBron/100 other players but loves watching James Harden. That’s wild.”

I got rid of the personal attack, because that shouldn’t be here.

You opened a can of worms you can’t back with numbers. Calling the third most followed league in the world, and the most followed league among 16-25 y/o, unwatchable is intentionally deceitful. And you being unable to grasp that your opinion doesn’t track with what the data says, is unbecoming of someone who used to be an editor. You made a statement for clicks and views. Congrats, you can write for Buzzfeed. Here’s some footage backing up your point that the NBA has really regressed.

MAC refs.

" is intentionally deceitful"

You are wrong. It is not.

Separately, the NBA is unwatchable. It’s your choice to agree or disagree. Plenty of support for both sides. You can continue to perpetuate the drivel. It’s your Board so feel free to continue your banter.

Some people just love to argue and put others down.

1 Like

Not offended by your comment. This is a Forum and personal attacks are expected.

Edit…

And…I agree they should always be taken down (as you know)!

Imagine being so unhappy with your life that you go on the internet to put down someone else’s interests/hobby.

Sad!!

Please expand the thought and explain. If you would like to save this Forum from further time-wasting, then send me a pm. I’m confident that option will be widely appreciated.

“Miamihawktalk” not Eddie posts his opinions on NBA basketball.

I’m sure everyone would appreciate you not sharing your biased opinions on NBA basketball.

Grow up. Go outside. Read a book. Stop being so unhappy.

None of the participants in this discussion have distinguished themselves. How about going back to talking about Miami athletics?

2 Likes

Let’s all shut up and dribble, metaphorically

1 Like

Agreed.

Edit: Keep the post. Obvious reasons.

Other than MLB there is not a single all star game worth watching. In MLB the guys on the field are basically performing at the same level as they do in regular season or postseason games. All the subbing does greatly lower the value of the game, so it is not such a big deal as it was before interleague games, but still better than the others which I an uninterested in.

Regular season NBA games can be entertaining if you are a fan of the team, but otherwise I don’t like them. However, once the playoffs start I will watch every game I can squeeze into my schedule and I will definitely watch the Cavs games and LeBron if the Lakers somehow get in.

Even the teams and the players have made it obvious nothing but the playoffs matter in the NBA. They consider it more important to rest than to win many regular season games. They ought to salary cap the league with each teams cap determined by regular season wins, the more the bigger team cap. Then they would all play and battle for each win.

2 Likes

The NBA is unwatchable. That’s why I stopped watching it 30 years ago. It’s unwatchable because they don’t play hard during the regular season. And, these guys all make $20M a year and can’t even be bothered to play a full season without taking some rest breaks, or “load management” LOL. And, they changed all the rules to eliminate the beautiful team aspects and emphasize individual play to market star players in order to make money. Sacrificed team for money, simply put.

I watch hockey. The NHL guys are tougher, play hard every night, and put the team first. The NHL is a better product because it is a better sport.

If you disagree with me, you are wrong.

1 Like

Gentlemen, please

The only good sport is Twenty20 cricket

1 Like

“Stopped watching it 30 years ago, but let me give you my opinion on it”.

I love this board.

4 Likes

Can we just agree the Jamal Mashburn “Larry Bird Dream Team Story” is one for the ages?

I find the unwatchable NBA opinion is akin to the “Saturday Night Live isn’t as funny as it used to be” opinion.
They are both wildly popular for people to spout off on the inernet and the vast majority of people holding either have no clue what they are going on about because they haven’t watched in, oh 30 years or so.
The 76ers v Grizzlies game last night was pretty darn watchable to me.

2 Likes