The 2024-25 season regular season thread

They must’ve heard my complaining because they just posted a tiktok😂 it still doesn’t say the season starts this week though!

First weekly press conference!

4 Likes

One thing is very clear: Anthony Noreen is very comfortable answering questions and expressing his vision and viewpoints. Berge was pretty focused and succinct, but not as personable, and Rico was comparatively terse, much less demonstrative in his enthusiasm, and seemed uncomfortable having to take questions. It’s all about personal style and has little to do with coaching, but I find Noreen’s earnestness to be refreshing.

10 Likes

The man is young and hungry. We’ve seen the energy it has seemingly brought to both Ice Hockey and MBB. One can argue about CM when he was hired, but hopefully Miami’s next coach fits the mold of Coach Steele and Noreen.

2 Likes

Glad they sorted this out faster than they did with other players in recent seasons. The past two years we’ve had someone unable to play the beginning slate because of how slow the NCAA was with eligibility issues

https://x.com/markdivver/status/1841607374106189927?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

5 Likes

Amen.

All of the other NCAA rules and restrictions have collapsed, so there’s no reason to hold players up over this.

1 Like

Series preview with some notes at the end for those of you eager for red meat. :grin:

Preview: Miami at Ferris St. – View From the Glass

2 Likes

Teodor Forssander also played a game in the SHL, do we think he’s good to go too?

3 of the 4 Ferris coaches hold Miami degrees…including the HC.

3 Likes

https://x.com/jjmid04/status/1841606809620250814?s=61

4 Likes

Frozen Four returns to DC in 2027, could it be our time to make a return trip? And with a different outcome?!?! That’ll be Noreen’s 3rd season, it feels possible!

6 Likes

Then the next year it’s in Chicago- we could have our revenge game then win in Anthony Noreen’s hometown!!

1 Like

Let’s get to 10 wins in a season first.

4 Likes

Curious what the lines will look like, but this is the most excited I’ve been for the hockey program since I was a student.

2 Likes

I’m checked in down the road from Big Rapids. I’ll probably do some updates on Twit-X but probably won’t have time to check in here during the game.

I’m going on radio for the second intermission tomorrow night, in case anyone here has insomnia.

3 Likes

1-0 Miami after one. Hutchison scored with 2.2 seconds left. Shots 13-11 FSU.

Ferris ties it 24 seconds into the second.

Ahh, no one on here tonight.

Final: Miami 3, Ferris Wheels 3

1 Like