Student section woes

https://x.com/preaves_15/status/1753094398311805335?s=46&t=kkeF2AzE13jVd9hF623X4A

I hope Steele is talking about his experience as an Assistant and not as the HC at Xavier, pretty misleading

Did this guy reference the true in person football attendance or just reference sold tickets? Having a hard time believing we average a half full stadium in each of our home games

1 Like

These numbers factor in MAC-tion, which is difficult to draw casual fans on a Tuesday night. Also, quality of opponent has a lot to do with the interest of getting fans to come to the games – seeing a BGSU or LIU is not as compelling as seeing a Northwestern, Iowa State or Army. If Miami played a lower-echelon Big 12, B1G or SEC team more frequently it would likely draw greater attendance.

I’m interested in seeing how full Yager is for Cincinnati & Mizzou. I’m also HOPING that Miami Athletics doesn’t move the games to PBS, or to a Friday night weekend when students are on a 3-day-weekend.

1 Like

The attendance numbers would be the same from the NCAA or the school. I believe they’re inflated by at least 2-3k but obviously we had to have some data in there and it was what we had to go on

3 Likes

Didn’t specify but I would assume that’s the case. They had an elite student section by the time he was HC and still do

1 Like

Hi all, I appreciate the shared interest we’ve taken in this. Would love to answer any questions/further the discussion with y’all!

Super.

Do you work for MU? Just curious.

Edit: Added one letter! Just one!

Psst, look at their twitter bio

2 Likes

Welcome Dr. Cakes. Big fan of what you do for the program. Nice to see you here.

1 Like

Yes! I work for our football team. Big basketball fan in the off season. Just trying to do my part and hopefully give back to a place that’s given me a lot already.

Not good.

I got mine when I won but it did take a while

2 Likes

JFC

Those who will wait

3 Likes

There are quite a few people in that Miami parent Facebook group posting that their kid never got their money. Some from football back in the fall.

1 Like

Just sent you a private (VERY PRIVATE) message.

1 Like

Does this athletic administration EVER do ANYTHING with a sense of urgency? D3 programs are less tone deaf.

1 Like

What did it say?

1 Like

I made a business pitch based on our similar backgrounds. Of course, I’m a bit older than him.

He’ll be dropping out of school, training in Nepal for 12 months, and then renting NickSkin’s basement for another 12 months before he takes over my business.

Hint: The business is related to Guava Nector - marketing and distributing to more than 400 big-name clients…And all are Miami or OSU graduates!