State of the program piece

1. Yeah, I really don’t know how to fix the red background. I’ve tried. I’d like to have red along the side and white in the middle with black lettering.
  2. I was told the coaching staff would no longer agree to interviews with me moving forward, meaning indefinitely. I asked if I did anything wrong in their eyes and I was told by the athletic department that I did not.
1 Like

With respect to #2, a new coaching staff would solve that problem. Just sayin’…

Back to lurking.

2 Likes

Bonk, that’s sad to hear. You love MU hockey and to hear that you aren’t getting interviews is a commentary too bleak to get into here. My hope is that we improve and then there will be more important things to focus on than barring a guy who is very dedicated to hockey’s success. For all our mental health, let’s hope those days are coming soon.

I am just gobsmacked that the official position is no-comment as a blanket thing. Again: there are two outlets that cover Miami hockey. Bonk/VFTG is one of them. And Berge simply won’t speak to him.

Bonk is not some dude out here digging up dirt and trying to make people look like crap. He and his wife (can’t remember if she’s joined here) care more about Miami hockey than most of us combined. Because he cares for the program, he 1) wants to give people accurate information and his analysis, and 2) sometimes his analysis is that things could be better. Of course, people only do 2) if they care. Why argue for better if you’re apathetic?

But it seems arguing respectfully for better makes you persona non grata. No one who has read any of Bonk’s work would say he’s unfair, a hack, etc. Hell, he was harder on Rico at the end than he is on Berge now, IMO.

I guess this is a long-winded way of saying we have a snowflake coach who melts when the temp hits 38.

7 Likes

Changed over to a white background…still not what I want but better than red, which I (rightly) received multiple complaints about. Sorry for any vision problems I may have caused members.

2 Likes

Time for a new coaching staff! But look at it as a positive. In a way being frozen out can be somewhat liberating.

1 Like

Just look at it as a cost of being honest. The truth is not favorable to our hockey program at this point. Still, any coverage is a good thing and this bunker mentality is just another strike against the current staff.

5 Likes

Background is much better now!

4 Likes

Its a shame that the staff can’t take any criticism or answer hard questions. Thats the last thing you’d expect from a small program like Miami.

2 Likes

What is the second outlet covering Miami Hockey? The Miami Student?

2 Likes

Yep

I wasn’t sure what thread to put this in but according to Joe Cassetti’s Instagram he may be headed off to Western Michigan

Not too surprising I guess after they had so many players leave to go pro

1 Like

I have Instagram but am not very good at it. Where do you see that on his page?

2 Likes

It’s in his bio but I also haven’t seen it anywhere else so I’m kinda hoping it isn’t true because I hate western michigan :joy:

2 Likes

Casetti seems to not be shown on the 23-24 Miami Hockey roster.
Is a nice player.

With the Wild West Ncaa transfer rules it’s a Hell of a time to re build a team.
Just sayin.

We have a hell of a sales pitch. Come here we don’t really have anyone you can’t start over…

With all due respect, how much is it the coach vs the budget remaining the same as it was ten years ago?

2 Likes

Oh, didn’t see that. Yeah, looks like he’s a Bronco.

1 Like

Jimmy Spratt was hired as an assistant at Northern Michigan. Jonathon Elliott – who was Miami’s director of hockey ops last season – becomes the team’s third assistant.

Congratulations to both!

Northern Michigan Hockey names Jimmy Spratt as third Assistannt Coach (uppermichiganssource.com)

Miami’s Elliott promoted from director of hockey operations to RedHawks’ new assistant coach - College Hockey | USCHO.com

Watched Spencer Cox today play in the CCSEL and I was so impressed! I’m very excited to have him as a redhawk. He had a hat trick and a few assists against a pro goalie. He’s already my favorite player for next year :joy:

If you’re in the cbus area I’d definitely recommend going to a game; we saw lots of redhawk/former hawk goals :slight_smile:

2 Likes