Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Oilers win Game 6, 5-1 over the Panthers. Which gets us to Monday night and two of the most glorious words in June, Game 7

At the end of the game, the Oilers played the song La Bamba by Ritchie Valens. I wondered why, googled, and found out

1 Like

Ahhh…I watch a lot of Oilers games and I remember Moss. The CBC talked about his story some years back, but I didn’t know that about La Bamba. Very cool.

1 Like

Either gonna be the biggest choke or the biggest letdown in NHL history. The memes will be fantastic.

1 Like

I am usually not into pre-game hype, but this is really one of the biggest games in league history: reverse sweep potential, first Cup for FLA, first Cup for McJesus, McJesus wins the Conn Smythe as a loser, Canadian team 31 year drought, EDM season turn-around, and just generally a Game 7 for the Stanley Cup.

I’m still taking FLA as Maurice will have last change, so everybody please fade me and bet EDM to make that money.

1 Like

Tonight is indeed the opportunity for a classic! I’m guessing Maurice figures out a way to win it, too. It’s nice to see Canadians finally having a dog in the hunt again. Hockey is always better when the natural USA vs Canada rivalry is present.

I don’t know how you rebound if you are Florida but there something to a team playing with nothing to lose. Edmonton has been in that position and capitalized so maybe Florida steals some of that mojo back.

As a side it’s utterly ridiculous that the finals takes this long. This thing started on June 8th! There’s more off days than game days.

1 Like

Agreed. And they waited a full week after the conference finals were over to start the SCF.

The first preseason game was Sept. 22, so the season is now over nine months old.

Did McDavid really play as badly as I think he did the last two games?

1 Like

Another year, another USA stanley cup team

Also Corey Perry has lost it with another new team😂

I was cheering for the Oilers but that was a boring game last night. Ugh! Especially the 3rd period. All Florida did was throw the puck to the other end of the ice

Happy for Bob. He’s the best.

1 Like

Corey Perry is pretty much the only reason I didn’t want the Oilers to win. :upside_down_face:

Only 94 days until preseason hockey…but who’s counting? :see_no_evil: :joy:

2 Likes

Could you review for me just why the Blue Jackets did not keep Bob?

Rooting for the Sabres to win next year so Berge and Adams can lift the cup>>>

1 Like

He wanted the contract that Florida gave him and we didn’t think that was a wise investment. Having Korpi and Elvis in the pipeline, they thought they were fine. Obviously that was very wrong, but that was the thinking. A 10 million dollar goalie playing behind a 10 dollar team doesn’t make sense.

Winning the Cup changes the vibe but pretty much everyone thought the contract Florida gave him was stupid anyway. Not anymore though!

1 Like

Were you watching a different game from the rest of us?

Nope. Other than the 3 quick goals nothing really happened. One of the most boring game 7’s I can remember.

Gotta get through free agency with a halfway decent outcome…then I’ll start counting down! :joy:

Also did anyone watch the NHL awards show tonight? That is 30 min I would like to have back, it was terrible! The players looked so bored and annoyed.