Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

3 Stanley Cup rings ain’t too bad of a career

5 Likes

Even tho it was Marchand, seeing Tkachuk get destroyed when he was trying to get cute and go between his legs was hilarious.

That game had everything, and Tkachik and pasta going at it too, who saw that coming?!
Playoff hockey is just unreal!

3 Likes

Canes are toast. Another OT loss to the Rangers, down 3 games to none. This one was in Raleigh.

With the Kraken not making it and the Canes with one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel, I’ve got to revert to my original NHL team - the Canucks. First time to the playoffs in 9 years. Fear the Orca!

1 Like

I’m not giving up on my Canes just yet. The sky hasn’t fallen and Angry Aho will not let us lose 2 in a row at home!

1 Like

Anybody but Boston…

Just because it’s Boston.

2 Likes

Well, teams that go up 2-0 historically have an 86% chance of winning the series. Going up 3-0 must make it’s almost a sure thing. Maybe the Canes can defy the odds.

Carolina’s PP is atrocious. Just gave up another shorty! That’s at least two in this series.

Colossal Carolina Choke.

Seriously. Canes were playing their best hockey of the series until halfway through the third period. The Rangers Chris Kreider’s three straight goals in the third killed them. Only Gretzky and Messier ever did that in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The old adage is that hockey is always two degrees of seperation.

Kreider was Brian Safstrom’s line-mate at Phillips Andover. Safstrom was my kid’s line-mate in Bantams at Seattle Junior. Safstrom went on to play at Amherst and Kreider went to BC.

Watching Vancouver vs Edmonton right now. Edmonton drew first blood for the Oilers on a goal by Evander Kane. Our Seattle Junior Bantam team played against him a couple of times when he was at Vancouver’s North Shore Winter Club. Kane was a ‘91 and my Brian was a ‘92.

Carolina’s exceptional season ends too early. Too bad.

Y’all, I’m just in shock that the Canes season is over, it was going to end at some point but I’m not ready for it. I don’t know if it’s that I see these kids on the daily, and that they’ll head home for a bit, or won’t even return. I just can’t believe the season is over and so many of these kids will be moving on.

Respect to the Rangers, they are really good and it really just wasn’t meant to be for the Canes this year.

Here is the really sad part for Carolina:

Nine players, including Guentzel, Teuvo Teravainen, Brady Skjei and Brett Pesce, are slated to become UFAs. Meanwhile, Martin Necas, Seth Jarvis and Jack Drury will become RFAs. The Hurricanes have a projected salary-cap space of $30.8 million for 2024-25 with 13 active roster players under contract, per PuckPedia.

1 Like

And there’s the talk about Brind’Amour taking the Kraken job. There’s that, too.

Brind’Amour signs multi-year deal with the Canes.

Yeah, don’t remind me, it’s going to be ugly these next few months. I want them all to stay! They should have tried harder to get some of these guys done last summer before their stock rose, like Chatfield. I’d be ok letting Guentzel go if it means we can keep Skjei, Pesce, and Noesen. Teuvo fits in so well here, I can’t see him going elsewhere unless it’s back to Finland, haha. Martinook as well, he loves Raleigh, and hoping they’ll both take a team friendly deal. Jarvis is a given, and I’d love for Drury to stick around too. Would be good to keep Necas, but pretty sure he’s not counting on being back. Chatted with his girlfriend while getting coffee today and she said they’re moving out of their apartment this week while he’s at worlds and not sure if they’ll be back.

Exit interviews were pretty rough, everyone wants to stay and try again next year, but they know it’s a business and many will move on. Also Jarvis played with a torn rotator cuff and labrum for 90% of the games, oh to be 22 again!

No brainer that Rod was gonna get his deal done. He’s a Hurricane for life!

Gotta accept that the offseason is here far too soon. Not sure what to do with my time now. I guess I’ll just sit on my porch and wait for a shirtless Svechnikov to start running by again. :joy:

1 Like

Chatfield got burned on Kreider’s third goal, the game-winner. Just couldn’t resist trying to break up the pass instead of taking Kreider’s stick. Such a small detail, but it cost them everything.

1 Like

Canucks being outshot 25-5 halfway through the second period of game 7. Oilers lead 2-0 with two 5 on 5 second period goals.

Paul Maurice’s “Nobody’s been arrested yet” quote is an instant classic.

I busted out laughing at that. I really don’t like those coach on the bench interviews, but at least he makes them entertaining!

1 Like

Someone really needs to go for Jacob Trouba’s knees. That dude is a POS