Spring Game

Always hard to tell a lot from this. Reggie Virgil ( WR) stood out to me. #88 TE looked good. Regarding QB’s: I thought Hesson looked good at QB. Aveon looked good . Kopp looked ok. A little slow to release the ball, but he’s new. Edwards and Tarpey got in which was cool. Humphreys missed spring ball I’m told due to a broken finger so no reps.

4 Likes

Love these moments

2 Likes

@Ballcoach1 Thanks for the update. I am glad you did it. Too bad they don’t stream it for us. Another void in Miami’s football marketing. Reminds me of the old days when the only billboards marketing season ticket sales were directed towards Oxford area fans.

The broken finger probably means Humphreys won’t jump in the portal. That keeps him in the fold through the 2023 regular season.

Did MacLeod see any action?

2 Likes

88 is Nate Muersch, hope he looks good he has played quite a bit for Miami in the last three years.

2 Likes

I would for sure screw up a live feed. I didn’t see Macloud, but it looked like they played all QBs that dressed.

Best part of the day.

2 Likes

Nicholson 0-2 in the first half. Missed from 35 & 43. On a beautiful Spring day the Showcase was held indoors.

Yeah, this is too bad. I suppose with the weather they just skip the logistics of having to move at the last moment. I watched a little of Minnesota spring game and it was indoors, but guess there’s a lot different weather there.

1 Like

Anyone remember if Matt Salopek was holding on FG attempts last year? He is now.

2 Likes

How was Gabbert?

2 Likes

I think Bevilhimer is the actual holder.

1 Like

In CM’s post scrimmage presser he said the QB situation is Brett, Aveon and Maddox (1/2/3). He never mentioned Henry. The only tape Henry has is a restrained mop-up series against Robert Morris. I wonder what his relationship might be to the portal. Like always, I hope they all stay but I understand most envision themselves as actually playing football, not wearing a pink penny and a ball cap on the sidelines their entire college career.

1 Like

That’s my name too.

Never gets old.

1 Like

Gabbert played the first series and went three and out.

1 Like

@Grumpy Martin said in his post scrimmage presser that he’s been fantastic in spring ball and the only reason he let him play even one series is that his parents were there.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to imply there was anything concerning about his brief appearance. He has nothing to prove. Just responding to @Bluesman question.

2 Likes

He was only in for one series. Nothing spectacular. We know he will be dialed in and ready to go when the season starts.

1 Like

Henry looked better than Kopp in my opinion. Henry delivered the ball on time, had a beautiful deep ball and moved the offense down the field quickly. Kopp May improve, yesterday he was slow ( took 4 sacks) and threw mostly short out routes to his right. I think he only threw one pass to his left. Probably still learning the offense. That said it seemed obvious the depth chart is in place at QB: Gabbert, Smith, Kopp.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight.

2 Likes

Is Kopp even eligible to compete this fall? He transferred twice as a scholarship undergrad; he has to sit out a year (fall), correct?

The NCAA stopped accepting non-participation waivers so, unless the family lawyered-up somehow claiming safety or mental health risk and successfully won its appeal to the NCAA, he has to sit.

1 Like