Spring Football 2022

The fact that it was not outside was the sole reason I did not attend.

I understand going inside when it is bad weather. It does not get better than today in Oxford,

I don’t think OSU, UC etc. had their final Spring practice indoors.

Why us?

1 Like

Because OSU sells out the shoe for their spring game. And UC draws a legitimate crowd for theirs.

Agreed. However, when you have your Spring Game in a practice facility, which is not designed for fans, you are guaranteed to get few fans.

I have been to the Showcase several times and have gotten tired of standing around beyond the one end zone for a couple of hours straining to see what is going over other people standing around.

Let’s just politely say It is not a “fan friendly” event for a program than needs more fans.

6 Likes
1 Like

There were bleachers today.

Article needs a little proof reading-Austin Robinson made the catch and was hurt on the play and John Brekke was the other injury.

1 Like

We apparently have a good supply of promising QB in the room with Gabbert, Smith and Hesson currently the three-deep. Will be interesting to see what the highly coveted new QB from Owensboro, KY brings to the table in August.

1 Like

For those who were at the Spring Showcase and others close to the program what is your prediction of 2/3 deep line ups now that spring ball has closed? From afar it appears we are in good shape in all areas but the D line where we lack experience and depth.Further any thoughts on whether Martin will purse more transfers through the portal , especially D line?

Doubtful…we have a DLine transfer from Iowa State? Another wild card I think from Stanford…and solid Linebacker from Indiana or Michigan State, who’s a rush end threat?

I think we are good…this team should be ready for 8 plus wins with the OL, RBs and QB…as well as WRs/TE that we have or are stepping up.

DE, you may not have the dynamic play, but I think a position that can be replaced with good play…with relatively success.

I think the biggest concern with the DL is lack of pass rush. If the new DE’s can’t get to the QB, Chuck will have to blitz more. It also means our young secondary will be more exposed, which isn’t a scenario you ever want

2 Likes

Definitely a concern…but hopeful Wollaird sp? and the transfer at DE prove to be solid, as the interior three DT/NG have some experience now and we have a new coach with a pretty nice looking resume. Then there’s two other kids coming up that have been in the system…maybe even the Stanford transfer (I assume he’s coming…surprises).

Suttle tackling Mozee (Corey Suttle, 6-4 245)…

2 Likes