Scanning the portal

That list isn’t complete. Miami has contacted him.

Edit:

After watching the film though, I’m struggling to see where he fits in the offense. He’s not a good passer and is a pretty average rebounder and defender. He does have a nice back to the basket post game though.

4 Likes

This is not the way to build a team for the future.

the future is now… there is no right way to build a team right now. If a kid overachieves they will leave, if a kid cant get playing time they could not get renewed or opt for playing time elsewhere. Staffs have to play several scenarios

5 Likes

You can’t replace juniors transferring out with freshmen. I’m not sure why this is even a debate in the transfer portal era. Hopefully you develop some guys who stick around, but the rest will need to fill holes.

2 Likes

Chippy response # 487.

Chuckle.

Looks like Miami has been in contact. Would be a great big man addition.

https://x.com/portal_updates/status/1768362158809547106?s=20

1 Like

Nobody cares about the kid from Springboro who got poached by a private school to end up at UC. It’s silly to waste time on players who don’t want to be at Miami.

4 Likes

https://x.com/willhoman15/status/1772290888984596743?s=20

1 Like

He had a Miami offer? Or at least interest. Son of Penn State rb Curtis Enis

A little weird in some respects.

It seems he was Class of 2024 but graduated high school in December, 2023 and then enrolled at LMU for the second semester.

Why would he not want to finish out his high school career? Why would he burn a year of eligibility the way he did?

I saw one article from Fall, 2023 that he was the only one of what were considered the 16 top guard prospects in Ohio who was not committed anywhere.

Did Enis get frustrated that he did not get the offers he wanted and decide to go to LMU to raise his stock? Most kids in that position might take a post-grad year to do that. He decided to go D2?

1 Like

I suppose you can call and ask him what’s the deal? His number is 937-622-9951.

Honest question Jive. You said Jaquel doesn’t fit our system and that several of us are out of touch for wanting a power forward that can’t stretch the floor.

CJ Benson made 0 three pointers this year, put up numbers that seem pretty similar (maybe a bit worse compared to Morris on a per minute basis) and you’re listing him as potential great addition. Isn’t this the type of guy you’ve been saying we don’t need?

My apologies. I misread his minutes. Slightly better numbers than Morris on a per minute basis. But still asking the same question about “fit of system” and not stretching the floor.

I will leave that to Coach Steele and staff. They probably already know the answers to my questions anyway.

I know a few answers to questions as well if any of these are of use:

1. Who built the bridge to Baton Rouge? (The KingFish did. The KingFish did.)

2. Who let the dogs out? (On some level it was all of us.)

3. Who wrote the worst song of the last 50 years? (Sources suggest Glen Fry’s The Smugglers Blues is likely the winner. Listening to it in its entirety is almost impossible.)

2 Likes

That’s Fookie’s Mom’s number

3 Likes

I thought it was “We built this city (on Rock and roll)”.

1 Like

That song is beat. I should really make a top ten album of terrible songs. The one I snuck into the UC locker room would be there as well.

:grinning:

2 Likes

https://x.com/verbalcommits/status/1773002654228345131?s=12

Bunch of mid-major offers out of high school (Maryland), including Kent State.