Scanning the portal

Get us an Elk!

1 Like

It was discussed. He definitely wasn’t Big 10 caliber and frankly, I don’t think he’s MAC caliber either.

1 Like

Bellarmine transfer from Carmel Indiana

1 Like

Dickerson to Robert Morris

1 Like

If someone wants to link it, there is an extremely thorough posting of all the MAC men’s basketball transfers, both in and out updated last night on the MAC board. It is staggering to see just how many guys are involved.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: [Miami Commit] Peter Suder '22

Mabrey commits to Quinnipac.

How many more scholarships do we have? I think 2-3, no?

Should have 3 left - I am concerned about the need for another big - we have a lot of guards and wings - need more depth at the 4/5.

3 Likes

I always liked Ryan Mabrey. Pretty streaky shooter, though. Maybe now he’s closer to home.

Understatement

Agreed- Like the Sudder signing but we need at least on e more big to be competitive next year

1 Like

How many more can we add

3 open. (Maybe they use two and keep one for a January transfer/early enroll.) ps, I read coach Calipari say he might only play 8-9 scholarship plus walkon’s at Arkansas. Says he’s sick of using all his scholarships on players he’s developing who won’t play who then go away because of that anyways. It struck me as equal parts odd and insightful.

It’s been a minute so I’m just wondering if anybody has heard any rumblings

Does anyone know if we are still recruiting transfers for 2024 or have we moved on?

currently have 12 scholarship players with 1 available.

I would think we are set for next season UNLESS we can add a high level player that would be in the rotation

3 Likes

The one unique thing about the 12 on scholarship is that 1 of the 12 is essentially a walk-on - great kid, but a practice player. So, I still look at it like Coach Steele only has 11 players with a viable path to eventual playing time. So, for me, I would be a bit more comfortable if we added one more from the portal. I agree it needs to be a good fit, but feel like we are somewhat light with 11 traditional recruits on board.

Agree. I’m anxious to see the whole team together, but I had an image in my mind of what we needed, and I really don’t see him yet.

1 Like

One of the things that had been mentioned by many (myself included) was a veteran ball handler to help offset any growing pains Ipsaro/Cooper may have. That being said it’s hard to imagine we add anyone else at this late date, although I read today that 45% of the college basketball players who entered the portal haven’t found a new home yet. Roughly 1700 of 3500 which is pretty staggering.

2 Likes