Ryan Mabrey - Miami Commit

Seems like we added some guy from an Italian sounding team La Lemuiere called Ryan Mabrey?

2 Likes

Profile of Mabrey:

2 Likes

It’s a weird prep school in northern indiana. Doesn’t play in IHSAA (Indiana high school sports). Same school as ICL

1 Like

It’s also one of the best prep schools in the country for basketball. Typically in the top 5 every year.

3 Likes

This will be a much better shooting team😀

2 Likes

This looks to be a solid addition that could get playing time right away. Could this be the best pure shooting prospect we’ve gotten since Brian Sullivan?

2 Likes

Film from a weekend of play against some of the top schools in the country

2 Likes

“Mabrey should be known by every program in the country looking to fill out their 2022 recruiting class”

3 Likes

I don’t think you can underestimate the talent environment of these AAU tournaments. Players like Lewis and Mabrey come in having played with and against guys that will be playing for the top teams in the country.

1 Like

If Steele dumps the bottom of the roster and gets two more scholarships in play, we could very well be a winning team next year. Obviously hard to know with freshman and the like, but I’m optimistic. For the first time in forever. Also, not trying to be mean, but you can’t build a winning team if you don’t at least have a clean slate to try and do things your way early on. Steele deserves his own roster to give it a go.

7 Likes

We still have at least 2 scholarships available. Potentially 3.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks for the knowledge Jive

1 Like
6 Likes

It’s been so long since we’ve had a true knockdown shooter. I’m excited by this signing.

2 Likes

Alumni include Chief Justice John Roberts, who probably didn’t play basketball.

EDIT: according to Wikipedia, he was on the football team and the wrestling team

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken his sister, now on the staff at ND, was on Megan Duffy’s staff at Miami. Maybe she sold him on Oxford.

3 Likes

Good catch! You are correct.

Well according to 247 Sports, we offered him back in January. So, Owens couldn’t close the deal, but maybe Steele could??

2 Likes

great pick up

2 Likes

Great signing

1 Like