Regionals start today

hope team gets good talent to replace losses.

Plus Barry went pro.

I missed Monte entering the transfer wormhole. Thought he might stay for Year 5.

Jarod Palmer’s record of 169 games played is safe for another century until the next cataclysmic global pandemic.

Updated Bracket for the 2022 Tournament - click here

Games start on Thursday at 5pm

Game 1 - Michigan vs Denver

Game 2 - Minnesota vs Minnesota State

Someone like Rydqvist could get there if he stays healthy and we start getting a little deeper into tournament games but it’s a stretch.

It would be impossible for any current player to do it without a fifth season since Miami only played 36 games in 2021-22. To break it in four years would take someone going to multiple Frozen Fours and going deep into the NCHC Tournament every year.

Palmer played 169 games or 42.3 per season. Miami earned an extra home series three of his four seasons because of series at Fairbanks (the RedHawks never get that exemption now, so that’s six extra games) and went to the NCAAs all four of his years, two Frozen Fours and a title game.

(I studied this waaaaaaaay too much because I said it was a nearly unbreakable record a couple of seasons back)

3 Likes

But any player on the roster in 2020-21 gets an extra season so could play 5, correct?

Seems like the only other scenario would be a medical redshirt where a player could play 4 full seasons + part of another.

1 Like

That was my understanding as well.

Rydqvist Perrson, Drazner and Barbolini have an outside shot but would need to average at least 39 games per season for the next 3.

Gresock apparently landed at BUGS.

Western is out of goalies.

Back to lurking.

1 Like