RedBird Rivalry week’

F yeah we will!!! Us Ball Coaches that know football! Ball State defense has no chance!

• LETS GOOOOOO!
1 Like

Where again were you a “Ball Coach” #1?? You’ve avoided that question a few time now. why?

How sad is it that on the eve of our final game and the precipice of bowl eligibility that this thread had been dormant for 3 days. This speaks volumes towards how apathetic many have become towards this season. Let’s win this thing and go bowling!

We’re a 3 point favorite at most sites I’ve seen. Surprised at this line honestly. Maybe Vegas knows Steele is out?

1 Like

Or maybe we’re just better.

2 Likes

Did you miss this…lol

3 Likes

Not much to talk about…football is sitting right at it’s margin, the basketball team is performing underwhelmingly as usual, and the hockey team is continuing it’s annual struggle in the NCHC…

1 Like

Hockey just beat a great team.

4 Likes

And few probably noticed that the Northwestern field hockey team, which Miami lost to in Evanston 2-1 in a post-OT shootout, just lost 2-1 to UNC in the national championship game. Inako Puzo has built a team capable of competing at the highest level in that sport.

4 Likes

FREE TICKETS!!!

I’m under the weather, slept all weekend and did meds. Have two tickets for any Columbus/Mid Ohio H/Talker that wants row 26 seats absolutely right on the 50. Have tickets already? Call a couple buddies and invite them to the game.

I can bring them to work and you can get them on the way to the game. Call me at 614.841.1255 to arrange pick up.

3 Likes

Perused the net to see if any news on Steele’s availability…nothing. I presume Coach Neu will keep it a secret until game time. Normally w 8 days between games I would be guessing he will play, but now that get announced his intention on entering the transfer portal just maybe he won’t want to chance it unless he feels 100%. OTOH, a win against Miami gives him a nice platform in a bowl game to show off his talents. So, who knows??

Maybe if he’s had a few portal nibbles or better yet offers maybe he won’t want to risk further injury.

A more general question??? If the kid’s has put himself in the portal do you think the coach really want’s to use him?

Anyone have any idea, if the stats are available yet, how many kids declare and wind up staying at their original school?

1 Like

not sure on Steele, but missed this…one up’d from Chicago…

1 Like

Holy! Crap! This is insane. Wow!

1 Like

Isn’t it 7 days for Ball State and 6 for us? Just normal week for them and a short one for us?

2 Likes

Feel better!

1 Like

Steele isn’t in the portal. Unless you’ve already graduated or your coach has left/been fired you must wait until Dec 6 to declare. There is speculation he will enter it when it opens.

1 Like

I knew! But only because a friend went to NW and is a big fan.

It’s game day, boys. Don’t make it the last one in 2022! The Athletic this morning projects just 80 bowl eligible teams…That would mean two 5-7 teams could potentially get in based on APR scores. Right now that would be Rice and UNLV if the Rebels can win Saturday. There is no path forward for us except with the Redbird Rivalry Trophy in hand.

And The Athletic still has us going to the Boca Bowl vs. FAU.

CFN predicts BSU 24-20 with Steele taking over late. Hope they are wrong.