Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

Do we have a designated parking lot where the red and white faithful will be tailgating? Asking for myself.

1 Like

The Miami Alumni Association is supposed to be putting together some kind of pre-game Warm-up (or in Miami Gardens maybe a Cool-down) event at or near the stadium. On the travel package site it was shown as TBD but that package sold out and the page has been taken down. I expect we’ll know something in terms of an “official event” by next week.

Will be there too. bought tickets through Miami U but havent heard about location of the seats yet. Was supposed to get a text within 10 days so I hope there isnt an issue. Staying in Fort Lauderdale at a beach front Marriott

3 Likes

I got my text this afternoon, so they are working their way through the list.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

What section did they put you in? 126?

Yes, section 126.

I bought my tickets online early when several sites told me the visitors section was 122. I’m in that one. It’s basically right next to 126. I didn’t want to get stuck in the upper deck…

1 Like

I went to the return of Catholics vs. Convicts in 2017. Got a great tip from a Hurricane acquaintance and parked in the nearby Wal Mart parking lot. Saved lots of time and money! And got to see ND get the living piss kicked out of them.

The opener at Miami of Florida is just two weeks out from tomorrow. There is still no information on either the Alumni Association or Athletics web sites about the Pre-Game Stadium event mentioned on the sold out travel package site. Has anyone else heard any details?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MIAMI HURRICANES PRE-GAME ACTIVITY!

NO OFFICIAL PRE-GAME ACTIVITY PLANNED

Without knowing how many alumni will be at the game, this seems like a major disappointment and opportunity lost by the school. Wish I could say I was surprised…

The cost issue is probably driven by the fact that it would not be an on campus event like most away game pregame activities. There is also no corporate sponsorship of the game - like the Chick Fil A Classic in Atlanta, where the game is also held in an NFL stadium. I attended one of those when Washington played Auburn and the event sponsor underwrote the cost of the two-team pregame rally.

Vendors at Hard Rock are probably geared to a price point charged to corporate NFL game attendees.

That said, is anyone planning an UNOFFICIAL pregame gathering out at the stadium?

1 Like

RedHawkReview—Nescacdad’s got it right. This would be an extremely expensive event to put on and once they commit to it hope enough people show up and pay a bundle to get a hamburger, baked beans, pasta salad and a cookie with an M on it to break even. Remember, somebody here said something like " hope is not a strategy." Oh and I forgot they can leave with a cute little Miami pom-pom as the table decoration.

1 Like

The Alumni Office routinely does a nice job of putting on these events. But because they can usually do it in a special purpose area of the host university it can be done at reasonable cost -$25-30 usually. I’ve been to several - Michigan, Ohio State, UNC come to mind.

1 Like

ACC Campus Visit Show: At Miami

The ACC Network sends a crew to every campus for a football preview show. Today they were at Coral Gables. Toward the end of the show they looked at the Hurricanes’ upcoming schedule. After a two second mention of their opener against us Mark Richt annd E-Mac immediately turned to Texas A&M the following weekend. The consensus was that if the Canes get by A&M they could very easily be 5-0 heading into the game at North Carolina. We weren’t on their radar at all.

I remember a similar situation with a better ACC team in 1997 - Virginia Tech with its 14 game home win streak. I was in Baltimore the week before we went to Blacksburg and ran into three VaTech guys in an elevator. I asked them who was going to win the Miami game next Saturday. They said “we don’t play Miami next week. We play them in November.” I said OK.

They beat their November Miami that season. They didn’t beat the one they forgot about on their schedule.

Go Hurricanes! Beat A&M!

5 Likes

My wife and I are sitting in section 120. We just moved to Sarasota in July of 2022

3 Likes

Interesting difference in official University of Miami Ticket Office price points: My seats in Section 122 for our game were $30 each. Those same seats for their game with Texas A&M on Sept 9 are $225 apiece.

2 Likes

Crap! This bears watching!

2 Likes

Welcome!