QBs in the portal

That may be the most obvious portal entry in its brief history.

1 Like

Dabo basically held the door open for him at halftime on national TV Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

Oklahoma State QB Spencer Sanders entering the portal as a grad transfer. He was a multi-year starter at OSU.

1 Like

More than 50’QB in the portal on day 1.

2 Likes

Jon Kitna kept coming back.He was nicknamed “ Cockroach Kitna” locally.

1 Like

Kent State’s Colin Schlee has entered

1 Like

It was painful to watch. Wheels completely fell off that bus. He’s very physically talented. Although the OC on the prior staff was quite talented

Hey….how about a package deal?! Haha

1 Like

6 Likes

Yep

Colin Schlee ended up at UCLA, which just got a commitment from Dante Moore, the top QB nationwide in the 2023 class. Will be interesting to see what happens.

1 Like

Yeah I’m guessing Bo Nix’s announcement that he’s coming back for another (8th? 9th?) season, created a domino effect. Not sure what other offers Colin had prior to committing to UCLA, but I have to believe he’ll open it back up

Someone asked where I learned about the Drake Maye offer earlier.I had heard it from a Mack Brown interview. Here’s Narduzzi confirming.

1 Like

NIL is clearly just a pay to play scheme. I’m sure some smaller schools actually had some sponsors help kids, but the NCAA knew what this was really about….

1 Like

JT Daniels to Rice, where he will somehow be immediately eligible.

Florida supposedly taking Wisconsin’s Graham Mertz.

DJU is reportedly a 100 percent lock to go to Hawaii and play for Timmy Chang, where I assume he’ll throw for 8,000 yards in a single season.

1 Like

I was the one questioning Drake Maye getting $5M NIL offers. Thought it was outlandish, that’s money for Heisman Trophy winners or guys who really had national attention. But this seems to check out. Crazy.

Would $6MM get him to Oxford???

1 Like

He’ll throw for 8,000 yards and they’ll still end up with a losing record.

4 Likes

Former Texas (and 4-star recruit) QB Hudson Card signs with Purdue.

Huh….Good get for Purdue I suppose…

Over Christmas DJU de-committed to Hawaii and committed to Oregon State…

Serious question… is he even going to start in Corvallis? I know it’s a team game but their RS-Frosh went 7-1.

1 Like