QBs in the portal

Following on3.com Portal activity is already kicking in ahead of that 12/5 timeline. I would not be surprised to see 50-60 QBs in the portal by year end. Ball State QB Paddock just entered.

One site lists Brett as the 3rd best QB currently on the list.

1 Like

I’m ready to see what Humphreys has. Not interested in portal QBs

4 Likes

Darn. Paddock needs to stay to make it easier for Miami to beat the Cardinals.

3 Likes

Brett’s the 3rd best in the portal? He’s ok and better than most in the MAC but I’m not sure that says there’s a lot of quality choices available in the portal for teams in need of a QB.

Does anybody out there with a critical eye for QB’s think he’s really a goodt fit and a sure upgrade for a mid to upper tier Big10 team or Missouri in the SEC?

2 Likes

Two kids who transferred from Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word played lights out for Western Kentucky (Zappe) and Washington State (Ward) the past two seasons. There is talent in the lower levels that translates to higher level football.

3 Likes

6’,205…… lots of heart and smart. Has to stay healthy.

2 Likes

Texas QB Hudson Card will enter the portal according to sources.

1 Like

I hope Brett can land somewhere good. I think just his intelligence/experience in the QB room alone would make him a worthy choice at a big school. Hard to know if he can be the anointed started. Those QB rooms have 4 star players sitting on the bench. Very tough competition. Will be pulling for him to get a starting gig.

1 Like

Much traveled QB Connor Bazelac (Missouri to Indiana) has entered the portal. Probably headed for G5 or FCS, IMO.

1 Like

I’ve heard there are multiple good P5 programs interested in him…

1 Like

Interesting. He lost the job at Mizzou and was moved to the #2 on a weak Indiana offense this season.

Career 36 TD and 27 INT….No thanks!

Three scholarship QBs on the roster - we are for sure taking someone

He kind of has a connection here. He attended Alter in Dayton. One of his sisters was being recruited for basketball here and wanted to commit, but we needed a point guard and got a good one from California late and did not offer her. So she ended up playing volleyball at Duquesne. After her 4 years of eligibility were used up, she decided to play a year of basketball as a grad student and again contacted Miami but we again did not sign her and she ended up being picked up by Ohio and did not end up playing a lot on a very good team.

1 Like

Didn’t realize he was an Alter guy. Thanks for sharing.

this is because Indiana wanted to switch to a running quarterback because they had no skill players left to throw to. Both top receivers and TE were injured. IU’s Oline also objectively terrible. Good move for Connor to get out of there.

2 Likes

Virginia’s Brennan Armstrong announces. Graduate transfer.

1 Like

Had an unexpectedly terrible year at UVA this season.

Wonder if any school will stoop low enough to take in Jalen Kitna (yes, son of Jon) after getting dismissed from Florida in the wake of child p*** charges. Was originally a three-star who got offers from BC, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia Tech, Oregon State, and Yale. I hope no one touches him, let alone us.