Prediction Thursday - UC in Oxford

In fine MHT tradition:

Good guys 15
Horse punchers 14

Hopefully the extra week off gives us the edge.

Close game, I think my hidden subliminal music works and we win by 5. Final score 26-21 good 513’s over greasy 513’s.

2 Likes

My heart says we find a way to scratch and claw to another victory this year, but my head is telling me otherwise.

If you look at the stats from last year, it’s kind of a miracle that we won the game. They moved the ball at will between the 20’s. But their red zone offense was abysmal and we made enough plays to give ourselves a chance at the end. Even still, they had a very makeable FG at the gun to win it. Again, another great play by McKee.

They’ve improved at QB and I’m not sure ours is 100% right now. Hate to be so pessimistic, but I think UC wins 24-17

2 Likes

I think we come out strong and maintain a half time lead

I think their talent is too much at the end and they overcome their coaching

Uc. 0-7-7-14 =28

mu7-10-0-7= 24

Att 21,068

1 Like

Miami 24
Cats to be eaten in Southwest Ohio 21

1 Like

Miami 20
Cincinnati 9

Oh my do I hate to do this, but even though there is a trophy, it is not a conference game-we lose by 10.

2 Likes

As hard as it may be to comprehend, this is a bigger game for UC than it is for us. UC has struggled to prove their worthiness as a P3.5 team. The mounting pressure on SS started on Sept 16, 2023 and another loss to Miami could be a final straw. This UC team is not what we saw last year but maybe not what we saw last week. They are 2 games in with a team of transfers, a new DC and a completely new defensive scheme. The QB is talented (he won the job at Indiana with a deck stacked against him). They have a competent offense and the defense will improve if we let them. We have to keep their game plan from working to prevent buy in with the defensive scheme and not be predictable. I believe that we will have to be creative in the backfield (QB runs, misdirection, release TE’s, etc) attack the layers of the cover 3 in the pass game. I fear it will take at least 28 points to win this one. 28-27 and The Bell at Brick is how it ends.

4 Likes

Brett not 100%.

We lose a close one 20-17.

2 Likes

Miami 23
NKU North Campus 17

1 Like

Miami - 33
Cincinnati - 6

3 Likes

As I often say, I want to beat them by 30. But I’ll be thrilled to beat them by one.

1 Like

The Fighting Ty King’s win a close one over the Bearcats on a late Kickoff Return TD!

4 Likes

Is the big lot by Yager Stadium accessible to park with a debit card? Do you need a pass?

Thx!

We playing in Springfield?(eating cat humor,apolitical).

3 Likes

Scott Satterfield doesn’t scare me. That and how angry our guys will be, I think we’ll win. Hopefully we don’t come out too fired up in front of a big home crowd and make silly mistakes. But I think we play well and QB run is on with Gabbert this week.

2 Likes

Did you log into redhwawktix. To buy your football ticket? Log back in to buy a parking ticket. West Millet is the big lot you refer to. It and others may be full.
You can download your tickets to,your phone. BUT, if the stadium area wi fi maxes out you’ll,be wise to,have a print copy of,your tickets as well.

1 Like

I bet we see some of the German mercenary Henry the Hessian. He has a great arm. I bet he comes in for a few series to change up looks. My theory at least.

2 Likes

We win.

2 Likes

I hope you’re wrong.

3 Likes