Positives From Miami Loss To Toledo

And Miami’s NIL $ is comparatively Nil.

At least Alabama got whipped,by Vandy as payback for poaching our former Place Kicker! :joy::joy::joy:

Winning big games can change that! Also we do have a collective now

There is A HUGE DIFFERENCE in NIL between Toledo and Miami. Toledo has lost a lot of great players in basketball and football, but they do pay star players and unless it is someone getting a 6 digit offer, most of their stars stay. They even gave cars last year to their two biggest stars in Women’s hoops. We are starting a program now, but instead of being ahead of the curve like Toledo, we are late to the party and is effecting roster retention of our best players.

1 Like

Does anyone happen to know how much Mr. Quinyon Mitchell received last year from Toledo? I would be fascinated to know.

1 Like

Dick,
That’s a KEY FACT ( NIL,or Lack of Nil) for Miami.

Chuck seems to be great at tempering expectations.

Not much… if It was over 25k id be shocked and it was likely a bunch of small adverts to make that happen. Our MBB starters got 10k. Moss, and Maddox got 400k at Oregon and Xavier. Cochran got 225-250k at Oregon State.

Money talks but if you love your position coach, team, and csn put tape out there its likely a better situation to stay if youre not really young in fb. Q would have been corner 3 at Alabama… they had two top 35 cb picks. Could he have emerged as the 1? Sure. Hes balling in the NFL. But after that happens and the staff who built that stays in tact, guys stay and attempt to replicate that success. Darius Alexander and Maxon Hook will be drafted off this defense next April… not a ton of MAC teams are developing or have the proof of concept Toledo has at the moment. Its not an NIL advantage IMO.

2 Likes

I see a damaged QB that just isn’t the same as he was, slow decisions and a not a lot of accuracy. Oline hasn’t been great either, so too much reliance on the pass and we don’t have a confident passer. We don’t have much of a pass rush, but in general I think defense is still good.

I hope Brett can get healthy and confident and turn it around. Let’s run the table!

2 Likes