Portal

Ever?

1 Like

Honest question: when Brett got hurt, did you think we could win the MAC this year? I’m gonna say no. Yet we did. So why write a future that is set in negative stone?

1 Like

It’s almost as if some of our posters don’t know shit.

Will we be in the MAC Championship game next year? Nuts on the table. Yes. Absolutely.

4 Likes

Now let’s go get another damned trophy!

1 Like

I agree! It’s like “well, the hot girl broke up with a better looking guy than me so I won’t ask her out because I have no chance with her.” Have some confidence! She could say no, but hot damn, she might end up being your wife. You gotta believe!

1 Like

I have an important hawktalk thread for you to review…

3 Likes

You mean like how we totally didn’t just win the MAC title 45 hours ago? I’m guessing we lost. We must have lost that game without a dynamic QB.

Jesus. The guy made the most important play of the game and won the game’s offensive MVP award. I don’t care how we got there. Miami was the team accepting trophies on the podium Saturday. That is what matters.

5 Likes

https://x.com/247sportsportal/status/1731716251452387817?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

2 Likes

The first reply to the Bangura news on OU’s message board was just “pain.”

So that’s good.

1 Like

If I’m looking at this correctly, we have the chance to return every starting OL from the MAC championship game. IMO, we have the depth/coaching to withstand some losses on the defensive side of the ball. But returning all 5 starters on the OL would be a huge win for this team going into 2024.

1 Like

Doesn’t the portal close again on 12/21/23?

No. On January 2

Per 247Scout Aveon Smith is in the portal.

Well I know one person who will be happy

1 Like

Guess all the haters may get their wish and avoid having to watch a proven winner win games.

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, Drew Pyne is in the portal. Would be interested if Northwestern’s QB Jack Lausch also enters. If either kid wants to play QB, he could come to Miami and start right away for a team which is pretty doggone good.

1 Like

AV in the portal?

1 Like

He must sense Brett will be back.

1 Like

I like Aveon and am proud of what he’s done here. That said, why is he in the portal? Also, does this mean he won’t play our bowl game? If so, I am buying an O’Henry bar today for good measure.

2 Likes

Dang

1 Like