Portal

Congrats Kellan. This is the start of your journey to becoming an All-American.

5 Likes

BRING IT! It’s your time.

#38 … A legend is born. 30 successful FG in a row.

2 Likes

When do we hear from Chuck next? Sure a lot of unanswered questions right now!

Losing Graham is devastating on many levels. This kid was as valuable as anyone on the roster this year. It also sucks to have the programs first major award winner (presumably) leave. That would have been a great marketing tool for us. I wish him the best.

1 Like

Too soon. Not funny.

1 Like

Yeah it goes beyond just losing the best kicker in the country, which is kind of nuts to even say (or type, in this case).

Losing Graham will certainly hurt, but if this offense does what it’s capable of next season, the kicking game won’t be quite as important as it’s been this year. I wonder how all the guys who are sticking around feel about this.

2 Likes

A mollautt sighting!

4 Likes

Chuck Martin has said on multiple occasions that Dom Dzioban is a d1-level Place Kicker… what are the odds he can take grahams spot and Bev comtinues his amazing punting so they can both play :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

All the others staying should talk to him and convince him to stay. Not trying to be a dick, but like others said, it doesn’t really matter where you play college ball for NFL prospects (i.e.: exhibit A: Sloman), and do they really offer NIL deals for placekickers compared to other positions. I could only think he wants the prestige of playing for a big time program. Returners should talk to him and convince him to stay. #ThoseWhoStay

3 Likes

He’s also from here, so the moving closer to family thing is unlikely

2 Likes

I feel silly even asking this but since that’s my middle name, here goes: NIL earnings are taxed, right? If yes, I wonder at what %. I ask this because let’s say a big school offers a kicker 80-100k to come. Depending on the tax rate, that might not necessarily be worth uprooting my life for. Granted, if I’m a broke college kid, I might see it differently.

Moll, where have you been??

=>Building straw huts in Africa…training Ukrainians to fight guerrilla wars…spent some time in Wuhan looking for the source cause of Rona…worked as campaign manager for Argentina President-Elect Javier Milei…arranged a blind date for Taylor Swift and some Ex-UC tight end. I have been active you can say.

And you probably at the last mango in Paris, too.

1 Like

=>Briefly.

Judging solely from Nicholson’s high school, his family isn’t anything close to broke.

I just wonder what these guys actually get after taxes (the average NIL) not some QB who gets 1mm. Like if it’s 80k and I get 40k after taxes, I don’t know that I would leave if I was in a good situ. His exposure was already great. He’s an All American!

2 Likes

Coach Martin loves kicking field goals, which means more opportunities for Graham to score and show off his leg on kick offs. Depending on what school he goes to, he may not be kicking as much.