Portal Possibilities?

Uninformed speculation and wishful thinking for the basketball portal period.

G/F Arlington Heights, IL. Patriot League Rookie of the Year.

Reggie Bass of CMU, named MAC freshman of the year two days ago, has entered the portal.

2 Likes

Maybe a hot take, but my first reaction was no. Heā€™s such an inefficient scorer that I donā€™t know if it would work well. 33.8% on 2 pointers. 32% from 3. But he did average 3.3 assists per game, just not sure if thatā€™s a side effect of him always having the ball.

Bass is from Muncie, followed by Coach Smith.

Kick his ass sea bass

I like this kid Ethan. Shoots 47% from the field. Almost 41% from 3point line. 4.5 boards a game, 12ppg. 6ā€™5". Played at Army which shows a certain level of commitment. I guess the downside might be he and Mabrey would fill very similar roles.

1 Like

Leaving St.FrancisPA.

1 Like

Multiple members of the staff following Jaylen Wells. 6ā€™7" 200lb F. Averaged 22.4 pts, 8.7 reb, 2.6 ast, 43.8% from 3.

2 Likes

Jaylen wells would be a good addition, as would the gentleman from Rockhurst. Interesting the names early on we are seeing our staff follow are D2 players, which is fine. Plenty of good talent at D2.

2 Likes

I canā€™t find the rules, but for D1, the portal opens the day after championship selection. I canā€™t find a similar rule for D2. Wonder if weā€™re seeing the D2 activity because the staff has already had time to contact them and set things up? Byhre entered the portal March 6th. Wells entered March 7th.

Getting a big from D2 might not be a bad idea with how many late bloomers there are.

Travis Steele recruited Zac Hankins from a Division II school when at Xavier and was a starter

3 Likes

Leaving Butler, their leading scorer.

He gets a fair amount of pub hereā€¦but JT Shumate (Walsh, D2 - Toledo, 1st Team All-MAC)ā€¦half of Indiana Stateā€™s team this year D2.

Xavier and UC both pursuing Taylor.

1 Like

Not saying we should or shouldnā€™t go after him, but former Miami target (at least he had a Miami offer) John Hughley, has entered the portal. He has been at Pitt. In high school he was coached by Miami great Chet Mason.

1 Like

Had a tough year (mentally and physically). Heck of a catch if he gets better (and from what I hearā€¦He will!)

1 Like

Steele is Anglin for his services it seems

3 Likes

I donā€™t know you but I like your style. Or stylus if like me you still use a Palm Trio.

Apparently his nickname is ā€œNuggetā€. So Georgetown must have its own Yellow.

1 Like