Patrick Flavin

Patrick was a Monday qualifier into this weeks PGA Tour event in Bermuda. After two rounds, he’s currently T-6 and three shots back of the leader.

4 Likes

Gotta take advantage this weekend. Normal FedEx cup points and standard tour purse for what is probably the weakest “full field” PGA event ever (look at some of the guys in this field… and they couldn’t even fill it with 132 guys).

Birdied 5 of his first 8 to take a share of the lead!

3 Likes

Stumbled coming in to shoot 68. Currently T-8 and 7 shots behind Kent State grad Taylor Pendrith. Flavin also played with Justin Lower today, who is a rookie from the Akron area.

2 Likes

-1 on his round today thru 12 holes. 4 shots back of the leader. Seems like the course is playing tougher today. If he can at least stay in the top 10, he’ll get a nice pay day and a place in next weeks tour event

Ended up shooting +1 for the day and finished T-17. Bummer not to get a top 10 finish, but still a good week and a nice pay day ($100k)

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Tough finish, but still a great week in Bermuda with his dad caddying and the biggest paycheck of his young career.

1 Like

Nice article summing up his week in Bermuda. Unfortunately, Patrick didn’t qualify for the 2022 Korn Ferry Tour season, so he’s gonna have to qualify for tournaments the hard way again. Hopefully his performance last week will be a big confidence boost. It should certainly alleviate some of the financial pressure.

He did it again! After barely missing out on the Phoenix Open (lost in playoff), Flavin has Monday qualified for this week’s Puerto Rico Open. Nice interview with him below:

The PR Open is an opposite field event to the Arnold Palmer Invitational, so it’s a weak field filled with a bunch of washed up pros, including Middletown’s Frank “The Blade” Lickliter.

4 Likes

Excited to see how Patrick does this week. It’s all a little convoluted to me, but it sounds like he’s close to earning enough points to automatically qualify for the final stage of the Korn Ferry Tour Q-School. Which would obviously greatly increase his chances of earning full KFT status.

KornFerry is a million times tougher than the pga. Less prize money and less events to earn it. But I guess if you get status there you always have a chance to play a Monday PGA qualifying event or get in as an alternate.

He needs to earn enough FedEx Cup points from PGA Tour events to finish between #125-200 in the FedEx Cup standings, which is historically around 75-100 points. He earned 49 points in Bermuda, which puts him in 183rd place currently.

If he does finish between #125-200, then he will qualify for the Korn Ferry Tour Finals, which is not the same as the final stage of KFT Q school. The Finals is a 3 event series in August/September, where the top 25 get PGA Tour cards.

Confusing I know, but a top 10 this week in Puerto Rico would likely get him into the KFT finals because 10th place gets 40 points this week.

3 Likes

Patrick opens with a strong first round of -4. Current leader is at -7, so that puts Patrick currently at T-4th.

1 Like

Makes the cut and currently in 6th place. I admire how comfortable he is on the big stage.

1 Like

Tough 3rd round today. Patrick shoots +2, leaving him tied for 32. 9 shots back of the lead, but only 4 back from the top 10. Without any real pressure, hopefully he can post a big number.

1 Like

Played great today. -3. Finishes tied for 22nd place. This guy is a legit tour player. Once Brad Adamonis gets on the senior tour, I’ll have double the reason to watch weekend events.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a ton about Flavin on social media.

$37k payout. Not bad for a weeks work. Also appears that he earned around 22 fed ex cup points. Played in another Monday qualifier today but did not make it. Hope we see him in action again soon.

2 Likes

Patrick is back on the PGA tour this week. Given a sponsors exemption to play in the Corales Championship in the Dominican Republic. I’m guessing this is another tour stop that has a relatively weak field. So another great opportunity for Patrick.

4 Likes