OU at SDSU

Looked at OU score, they are losing, but does anyone know what happened to Rourke? Looks like he was sacked on the last play of first quarter and hasn’t been in since. Harris has 2 interceptions

https://x.com/sgpnfootballdoc/status/1695612890462466441?s=46&t=mPlcG4M_xdzFZMdSX_jqFA

Harris throws his third INT as OU was driving to tie the game. Will be curious how long Rourke is out for. I always want to beat OU but you hate to see the kid get hurt again.

2 Likes

Rourke being knocked out of the game on the last play of the first quarter was all over the news 15 minutes after it happened. Ohio didn’t provide the broadcast crew or other media covering the game with any kind of interim report. The Bobcats are a force with Rourke healthy. They’re far less impressive with CJ Harris at QB. SDSU is picked fourth in most MWC polls.

Went over to the OU message board to see what I could find out. Albin (OU Coach) said it wasn’t anything serious and that Rourke wanted to go back in. They decided not to let him for precautionary reasons. OU fans are a little miffed.

1 Like

He had a prior ACL tear. The coach was correct not to put him back in until they could evaluate the ACL fully with orthopedic surgeons. It is a shame he got injured because early on that seemed like a winnable game for OU.

2 Likes

That last pick Harris threw was atrocious. Threw the ball right to the defender. I understand they had less than 20 seconds left in the game and he had to hurry, but that was a really bad decision.

2 Likes

Watching CJ Harris sure makes me grateful for Aveon

6 Likes

He actually threw four picks if you include the one he threw that was run back for a TD and called back for roughing. The pick occurred before the roughing happened.

1 Like

in other news from last night, UMass looks like they’ll be a more formidable opponent wk2 than I anticipated

3 Likes

25 transfer portal guys, 8 of them from Arizona, where Coach Brown was a co-ordinator last year. UMass is greatly improved. They play at Auburn this week, which is similar to us playing at Miami F.

1 Like

I didn’t see the entire game. But thanks for the info!

2 Likes

To be fair, it would be very hard for them not to improve from last year’s 1-11!!

2 Likes

I thought Rourke got hit in the head with a knee when ducking to avoid a sack, so I thought it was a concussion.

UMASS is legit. Their QB is similar to that Akron kid a few years back who caused us nightmares

2 Likes

Even more reason to sit him.

1 Like

This

1 Like

Albin said Rourke would possibly need an X-Ray upon returning home to Athens. So I wouldn’t think that would indicate concussion.

2 Likes

They have had back to back 1-11 seasons, so they did not improve their record last year.

2 Likes

I had the game on DVR. I agree they are much improved. I do think we can score on them. The game itself was a great game to watch.

1 Like