Other Games Week 12

On SEC Network - a possible bowl opponent New Mexico State is leading at Auburn 17-7 with under 5:00 in the third.

Yeah if they beat Auburn they would have a very good 9-3 season…they have had very few winning football teams over the years so I am sure their fan base would be excited about being in a bowl game.

1 Like

The beat BG in the Bowl in Detroit last season.

Aggies just went for it on fourth and goal from the four and hit a TD pass - up 24-7 now midway through the fourth quarter.

UNLV (who has been mentioned as a possible opponent for Miami in a projected match up in the Arizona Bowl) is 8-2 and currently leading Air Force 31-27 in the second half.

2 Likes

It may be a bit of a trap game for Auburn before the Iron Bowl, but NMSU is kicking the crap out of them.

I wish Jerry Kill didn’t have his health issues for obvious reasons, not the least of which is that it would’ve been very interesting to see where his career would’ve gone if he didn’t have to resign from Minnesota. In the unlikely event that Chuck is hired away this offseason, Kill would be number one of my list of replacement candidates (unlikely that it may be that he’d leave a G5 job for another one even closer to his Midwest roots).

I know that the Arizona Bowl is not ideal, mostly due to the low viewership of the game, but we very may end up there w a very good match up…I am sure it will be a fun destination for the players.

Which bowl of all the ones we are targeted for would draw the most Miami fans?

1 Like

NM State is 0-24 vs the SEC all time!

Good question: If you eliminate the Quick Lane, I would probably say Myrtle Beach or maybe the 68 Ventures Bowl in Mobile (as many Miamians have been there previously and had a good bowl experience).

P.S. not sure that many Miamians would make it, but Charlotte Bowl (Bahamas stand in) would be the best bet for me being able to attend…

1 Like

Agree. Charlotte would be drivable, too.

Yep for me too.
P.S. I can’t go to Myrtle Beach Bowl as we have a Xmas party commitment that night.

Iowa just won a Hawkeye Shootout with Illinois 15-13. Iowa headed to Indy. Let’s of coverage of Rusty Feth -now starting on the Hawkeyes OL.

Don’t look now, boys, but North Alabama leads Florida State 13-0 with 1:57 left in the first quarter - on CW network.

Noles’ Jordan Travis carted off with apparent broken ankle on next series.

1 Like

New Mexico State just beat 6-5 Auburn, 31-10. No kidding.

1 Like

Got to think Blimpy Bret has to be feeling some heat. I would think PJ’s fanny might be a little warm as well. They talked like they were going to win the whole thing this year. Um, yeah. If only Iowa had some semblance of an offense. They’d be an actual foe in the BIG championship.

1 Like

Yep. That pretty much what this thread has been about. Lol

Another weird upset. Arkansas State, a 4.5 dog, became bowl eligible with a 77-31 win over bowl eligible Texas State.

1 Like

Illinois has had one back-to-back bowl season since 91-92, which is pretty pathetic for a Big Ten team (even we’ve done that twice). Considering that they were a win away from a West title last year, Bielema is safe.

I didn’t see it mentioned earlier but App State beat JMU in OT. JMU is no longer undefeated.

1 Like