Other Games (Non-Miami College Football)

Based on what? Recruiting rankings? Any time the other team stand up to them, they fold. They’re fake bullies. Soft program.

1 Like

There may not be a next year if they think they can make a run at Urban.

I figured when they hired Harbaugh that would spell the end to OSU’s dominance in the series. It took longer than I expected but Michigan has not only caught up to OSU, they reached the point where they forced them to punk out in Columbus.

I think the last time I saw that happen to OSU in Columbus was when John Cooper was still coaching.

Buffalo and Kent going to OT. Bulls not having an easy time getting that 6th win. Akron absolutely obliterating NIU late.

Kent beats Buffalo in OT. Bulls must beat an improving Akron team next week to get the MAC’s final bid.

1 and 2-loss seasons under Day. Not what an OSU fan wants to see but still a bit premature to call for his firing.

And (edit), as I previously mentioned…Last two Michigan games are unacceptable.

And several butcher’s aprons.

1 Like

With UC and Clemson’s losses this week (and Oregon’s earlier this year), we would’ve been tied with Bama for the longest in the nation (until they bear Auburn today) had we managed to beat WMU and OU.

1 Like

I did like at halftime that Reggie Bush was adamant that OSU would win. At that time, it seemed fair, OSU had the lead, held Michigan to just 10 yards rushing, etc.

But yeah that take cooled off quickly.

1 Like

You think THE wants to be associated with Urban, again? He was so toxic that USC decided they want nothing to do with him. And that’s in LaLa Land where almost anything goes

2 Likes

Yep. I think he would pass the test. I don’t know why I feel Day is John Cooper, but I don’t get the feeling he’s winning them a national c and nothing else in Columbus matters. That job pays too well, has too many resources, and a small country of angry fans yelling at their AD as we speak.

1 Like

In other games, University of Coral Gables down 28-zip to Pitt at halftime…starting to look like the Hurricanes will not be bowling this year…what a shame. :grin:

3 Likes

UCF blows a 28-0 lead against USF then steals it back on an insane TD catch with 20 seconds to go to deny Cincinnati a spot in the AAC championship game.

4 Likes

Victory is a fickle mistress. Even for Luke Fickell.
#effortless

1 Like

Yep. Miami of Ohio is bowl eligible. Miami of Florida is not. They play each other next Labor Day. The 2023 Miami Classic!

2 Likes

Anyone who wants to see offense should tune into the Apple Cup right now (midnight) on ESPN. It’s 28-27 at the half. Neither team ever runs small backs between the tackles. Ever. Both offenses use the entire field. Both QBs are mobile and have accurate rifles for arms. WAZZU runs a variation of the Air Raid. Both teams have some frisbee-catching dogs.

I’d love to see something like these offenses run in the MAC. The closest things I can think of that we’ve seen in the MAC were PJ’s Row the Boat offense he used effectively at WMU and Dino Babers’ version of Falcon Fast. I don’t think PJ is using the complete package at Minnesota…

Easy OOC schedule next year. We start with 2 teams who just finished up losing seasons.

Yep. And I see us going 1-1.

1 Like

Final in the Apple Cup. Washington 51 Washington State 33. Huskies with over 700 yards of total offense. Find out who Washington OC Ryan Grubb’s top underling is and give him a call. Took the Huskies from a 4-8 steam-driven freight train (under 20 ppg in 2021 to a 10-2 Euro Express Train in 2022.

1 Like

A friend of mine pointed that out to me this weekend. JMU was probably scheduled as a “bunny team”. Not so much now:

Your friend should have never assumed that. They’ve been close to the top of the FCS for several years. They proved this season just how good top level FCS can be.