Other Games (Non-Miami College Football)

Ask Bret about the questionable holding call on Michigan on a 3rd and long in the 1st half that took Michigan out of field goal range. Or the fortuitous fumble he got when Corum dropped the ball on the play he got hurt and his teammates went over to help him, forgetting about the play. Or when he went for it on 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter instead of punting into the strong wind. Everyone runs those kind of plays. Illinois got plenty of breaks during the game. They played really well. Michigan stepped up and won the game in the 4th quarter.

3 Likes

Prater getting the start for UC today. Go Tulane!

1 Like

Watching Utah St. at Boise…Oh, what could have been…

Since 2000. Boise is:
239-53 overall
110-39 on the road
129-14 at home…(a .902 home winning percentage)

B2 said Miami could be the next Boise…yeah, right.

3 Likes

I don’t think Prater is the answer for Bearcats. I know their fans disagree.

2 Likes

Ballcoach, curious as to why you feel that way. Only down by 3 in his first game against a ranked team no less. Looks to be holding his own, but I might be missing some nuance as I watch this.

I agree. Bryant is not as bad as UC fans think he is.

1 Like

Toledo looking like dog poop at WMU today.

2 Likes

I think he’s a great athlete but not my kind of QB. He struggles passing. He’s too quick to pull it and run. I would like to see him use his athleticism to buy time, keep his eyes downfield and deliver a pass. I followed him in high school as well. He could be developed though. Gino is very good at developing QBS.

2 Likes

Tulane 27 UC 24. Tulane to AAC Championship game. Tulane coach has done an amazing job there. Miami alum Ron Hunter is the men’s BB HC at Tulane.

Tulane will host the AAC Championship game, likely against UCF.

1 Like

Thanks for the insights!

So we now have a longer homefield winning streak that the Bearcats.

1 Like

I must have poor reading comprehension. I thought you were a big Aveon Smith fan and I think Aveon is the 2/3 star equivalent of the 4 star Prater.

But I agree with the premise that I want my Qbs #1 skill to be passing. It is great if they can run but they have to be a passer first

3 Likes

And a longer winning streak in general.

1 Like

I do like Aveon. Not at QB though. I think he must have been best option and I wanted to support a guy that plays that hard. Stars mean nothing to me. Rivals/247 sports/ ESPN/ Max Preps, they do the best they can. However, most kids they rank they have never seen in person. How do you compare a 2 :star: WR from a 2A school in Georgia (for example) vs. a 5​:star: WR From a 6A school in California? I just know what I see. I’m obviously wrong too. Often! Nobody gets this stuff right all the time.

3 Likes

We just might be hosting “the next Boise State” next fall.

We’ve got a longer home winning streak than Cincinnati, Clemson and Ohio State. Am I dreaming?

1 Like

No matter what “fire coach ____” chants you think are loud, I can assure you there is no one hearing that louder at this moment than Day in Columbus. I think he’s the next coming of John Cooper. Good but not great. Anyhow, carry on.

Edit: holy crap! It’s a trending topic! Some serious talk the bucks are gonna make a run at eleven Urbans and spices Meyer!

Amazing how a one-loss regular season and NY6 bowl is a failure for some fan bases. But I’m here for it in Columbus, if they send Day out to pasture like Frank Solich at Nebraska here’s hoping they hire their Bill Callahan.

1 Like

He’s a heck of a coach…But not the last two years vs. Michigan. Next year’s game at Michigan will be a huge challenge.

1 Like