Other college football games 2024

I was impressed with the NIU running game. I missed the NW game - is Miami’s running game even close?

1 Like

Idaho beats Wyoming the week after hanging with Oregon. They might be a serious FCS contender.

1 Like

No. Brunson and downing looked good but weren’t used enough

3 Likes

Is it too late to change my pick to USF? :thinking:

USF was a pain in Bama’s backside last year, too.

Maybe ND needs their old offensive coordinator back.

3 Likes

Mac looked solid today.

3 Likes

Well except for Kent State😂

1 Like

Kent is making about 3.5 million this year in buy games. Maybe more. They are tired of the firing squad.

2 Likes

Well any Colorado hype can end in week 2 this season instead of last year’s week 4.

1 Like

Kent didn’t just lose their purchased FCS game, they lost it to a NEC team. The NEC doesn’t allow the full FCS scholarship allotment. Not quite like playing an Ivy or Pioneer team, but also far from the usual FCS experience.

3 Likes

Edit to my earlier post: Amos got in for Old Miss toward the end of their blowout. He had two carries for 45 yards. One of the two he went for 42 yards. I bet he gets in more going forward. I miss him.

Caiden W. Had a few series for Oklahoma. His box score shows he got one tackle.

4 Likes

Dayton beat the same St Francis last weekend at Welcome Stadium

Those stats show that it was not a fluke, NIU out played them.

3 Likes

Yea… 388-286 is no small margin either.

2 Likes

The line judge was wrong. The replay official was wrong. And, according to the broadcast, the official “forgot” to stop the clock in the closing seconds, allowing ND to save their time out and get a shot at winning. I guess they wanted to get asked back to officiate a future ND game.
Three homer calls in the last 35 seconds. Just horrible officiating. But NIU did what they needed to do. A great day for them and the MAC.

6 Likes

Ivy’s are on a different level of FCS altogether because a lot of very talented players choose to go there because of the prestigious academics and the huge amounts of needs-based financial aid. We get a lot of kids who are offered both Ivy plus Miami/Service Academy offers.

NIU’s win was the first MAC team’s win over a Top 5 team in history. The MAC had been 0-51. I think LSU might have been ranked 6th when we beat them in 1986.

1 Like

LSU was #8. At least 7 or 8 NFL draft picks and free agent signees on that Miami team.

5 Likes

Look at the stats on this one! UMass pretty much dominated everywhere but on the scoreboard. Time of possession difference was incredible. Rockets had a 98 yard KO TD and a 73 yard passing TD. Shane’s offense moved the ball on Toledo. Don Brown’s Defense and Minutemen ST let them down.

1 Like

Rockets had a lot of three and outs, and then a few very quick scoring drives with long plays.

1 Like