On to Ohio Game!

CBS Sports football page doesn’t have a line posted for any of the MACtion games yet.

Anywhere from a pick em to OU -1.5

What does Vegas know about this game that we don’t?

Did Rourke get hurt?

I don’t know…I have us by 15 in a win, b/c the only way this happen is Kitten put the ball on the ground (i.e., pun return or QB/RB fumbles…)…Miami’s DL gets after it, and Brett gets rolling.

Otherwise, it will likely go the other way…we need to get a score quick and a Turnover.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s hurt.

1 Like

They are more objective and realistic. Fan base is more emotional and tends to go overboard in one direction or another.

@DICK It usually has more to do with the oddsmakers hedging bets, offsetting potential losses based on the money coming in on both sides of the bet.

Likely has something to do with it…

2 Likes

Sieh Bangura, the Bobcats’s top running back, is apparently back from injury tomorrow night.

Ya know…early in the season our running game showed flashes of brilliance with Mozee and Davis exhibiting breakaway speed. But neither runner is strong enough to consistently break initial tackles, especially at or behind the line of scrimmage (e.g. delayed handoffs!), and our OC has seemingly given on on anything other than runs up the middle with an occasional jet sweep w Davis.

1 Like

I would like to see Brunson. VT transfer. He has the size that would compliment the smaller backs.

1 Like

Tough challenge ahead for us to become bowl eligible: CBS rankings have us at #112 today. Ohio is #74 and Ball State is #102. NIU is ranked #119.

Gotta find a way to beat OU to have a good shot at it!

1 Like

That’s def the key game.

Would be great to see the real Gabbert in his last few games. Wish he would have redshirted. ? Wonder if he has option.

3 Likes

No redshirt if he plays in 4 games.

@Winthebiggames He has another year of eligibility. Will be interesting to see if he plays it at Miami…

I think he has two more years. He’s a true jr. Free Covid yr gives him soph eligibility. Thus, two more.

1 Like

Miami to wear grey uniforms with tribal logos tomorrow night. While I love the tribal affects, I much prefer red uniforms - especially for our national TV games. If memory serves me right, it seems like we’ve worn grey many times in those national games. Casual fans probably think our colors are scarlet snd grey.

He’s a true senior - 2019 was his freshman year

2 Likes