NIU Week 2022

So was OH.

1 Like

Weā€™ll win out. Book it. And if we lose, itā€™ll start next week!

Just a mug, not a Trophy

1 Like

Is this Ballcoach1ā€™s burner account?

1 Like

CM says Brettā€™s injury is some kind of ankle sprain. He was in a walking boot yesterday and is possible for NIU.

My guess is Martin is lying and Brett will not be back. He knows if Brett is out when he should have pulled himā€“again-- he will be in for a massive backlash. No, I do not have any inside info. I just donā€™t believe what weā€™re being told. I hope that is not the case. Even if it is, why do we want Brett playing with a bad ankle?
Again, could/SHOULD have been avoided by pulling him. And based on Martinā€™s horrible non-decision making ending in two injuries to him, I would not be surprised if the Gabbert clan has had enough.

4 Likes

Always want Brett if healthy and availā€¦but lets face itā€¦our problems much deeper than who is at QB.

Aveon is ~3-3

Brett 1-3?

I mean how far apart are RMU and Akron, lol.

2 Likes

Like you, I have absolutely no inside info. But Iā€™ve got a suspicion ā€œthe clanā€ might insist on him sitting the next two weeks and - if we miraculously get into a bowl - heā€™ll sit that one too. Then Iā€™m guessing heā€™ll hit the portal with two years of eligibility. Offensive line play this year has been disappointing and Iā€™m afraid we might have a bit of a drop off next year. It might depend on how quickly he can finish his degree.

I hope not, but you are probably right.

On reflection, I regret accusing Coach Martin of lying. I have doubts about what is going on, but to accuse him of lying without any evidence to support that is too much. Sorry.

2 Likes

Why would you let NIU know that Brett was out? I donā€™t see anything wrong in making the opponent prepare for two QBS because they arenā€™t sure whoā€™s starting.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point, BC1. But Iā€™m guessing Aveon is getting all the reps this week and NIU probably knows that.

I get that. At least in this case, I donā€™t think it matters at all. How long would it take for NIUā€™s DC to adjust his schemes when #5 doesnā€™t run onto the field? So, defend against whoever. Weā€™re deep in the season. Lots of video on both QBs. And if itā€™s Hesson, it will be a revelation to all of us.

1 Like

True

Probably not, but Martin is old school and is just never going to give out any pertinent info.

3 Likes

I hope weā€™re not going to burn an entire year of his eligibility so that he can play one or two games at 60% in whatā€™ll probably be a futile effort to qualify for some fourth tier bowl game.

4 Likes

I volunteer with someone who is quite possibly the most demanding person Iā€™ve ever met - as in sheā€™s annoyed that fellow volunteers put their paying jobs and families over the volunteer role. Sheā€™s also an NIU alum. If we could please beat them, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

6 Likes

Aveon is getting all the reps??? Good lord weā€™re all doomed! Just pray for a tropical rainstorm and high (really high!) winds where no one can pass and maybe we win 6-0. Extra point blown wide left.

3 Likes

eh, he has as many or more winsā€¦weather will be badā€¦maybe it goes well?

2 Likes