Nick Martinelli (Miami Offer)

I did not see any other reports that he took other official visits than to us.

That might not mean anything as he is close to Northwestern, NIU, UIC who also offered.

First big test for Coach Steele in the recruiting world at a mid-major.

Getting him on campus with his other offers in hand was huge.

A little additional research indicated that Nick also took visits to Furman and Northwestern.

This would indicate a theme that he is looking for a first class education in addition to the basketball opportunity.

2 Likes

I took our daughter to Furman for a visit. Boring. But looks like Miami with a bigger landscaping budget.

1 Like

Agree. A lot of red brick. A big lake. However, it is very isolated unto itself. No uptown or any off campus activities unless you get in a car and drive a good distance.

I think it could get boring there pretty quick.

3 Likes

Def one of the nationā€™s prettiest schools. Greenville has developed into quite of attraction nearby.

1 Like

We live in southern NC mountains not far from Greenville and yes, Furman campus is beautiful, but just outside the campus gates is a pretty run down semi -rural part of town. Canā€™t even come close to comparing with Miami and Oxford uptown adjoining.

3 Likes

Committed to Northwestern

Unfortunate. Happy Steele was able to get him on campus. Hopefully we close on Carney and one of the other targets!

1 Like

NW seemed like the favorite going inā€¦

3 Likes

Nw is a great school. I predict we make the ncaa tourney before they do. Big is too deep to compete.

1 Like

That was my prediction going in - closest high end academic opportunity to his home.

I sorta wonder why they didnā€™t offer him in the first place

1 Like

Career high 27 tonight for Northwestern in win over Maryland,

1 Like

And Dae Dae Grant is 4th in the A10 in scoring at 17.3ppg.

Dae Dae went over 2,000 career points awhile back.