Nick Martinelli (Miami Offer)

Hamburger University

Damn you!

2 Likes

I love

Getting him on campus is a good first step

3 Likes

This will be a great indication of Travis Steeleā€™s recruiting chops.

2 Likes

Would be a hell of a start if we can beat out Northwestern, Belmont, Illinois State, Toledo, and Valpo.

1 Like

If he was attracted to the environment at Elon he should like Miami a lot. But Northwestern is only 25 minutes from his house.

1 Like

Will he be meeting any assistants?

1 Like

Northwestern is going to be very, very hard to beat. Academics, 25 mins from home so family and friends can watch, playing in the B10, etcā€¦

2 Likes

True, but quite possibly a better chance at Miami at playing in the ncaa tourney. (As odd as that sounds and even rereading it. Iā€™m talking myself out of it.) Northwestern is much improved but the Big is so deep.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, he mentioned in an article that came out after he decommitted that one reason he picked Elon is they had never gone to the tourney before. He felt that he could be someone that took them there for the first time. Might not just be going for the biggest program, but a program where he can have a significant impact.

4 Likes

Interesting!

When he commits to us, but itā€™s because of how bad weā€™ve been recently.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how Chuck had to start. No shame in pitching playing time and a chance to stand out. That said, if we land him this would be one of the best recruiting classes Miami basketball has had in over a decade

4 Likes

The Gauchos!

1 Like

More than just a good first step, getting him on campus is a huge step considering the other offers he has. There are a lot of other places he and his family could be on Easter weekend and give Steele credit for getting him to visit.

I believe Spring signing period starts today so he could easily settle everything before he leaves campus. :grinning:

1 Like

Correct. Signing starts April 13, 2022 and ends May 18, 2022

2 Likes
4 Likes

As we should.

1 Like
1 Like