Nick Martinelli (Miami Offer)

Steele offers SF Nick Martinelli. Was committed to Elon until they had a coaching change. Would be one of our highest rated signees per 247 in a while.

1 Like

Elon’s release on him is pretty impressive

Senior highlight reel

I like it on paper

Elon’s coach is leaving to be on the Jon Schreyer’s staff at Duke. Unlikely that Martinelli will be able to follow him to Duke. Elon and Miami campuses have some similarities. Oxford closer to home. Let’s hope we have a shot at him at this guy.

You’re right, LaxDaddy. One of my daughters attended Elon (and played soccer on scholarship for the Phoenix) and it’s a beautiful campus much like Miami–and a solid school academically. If Nick liked the Elon campus and academics, he’d be a great fit at MU…and a lot closer to home, too!

2 Likes

Toledo offer. Toledo campus not like Elon.

NIU also offered. NIU campus even more not like Miami.

2 Likes

If Lairy was a McDonald’s All-American, I’d have to imagine he was as highly ranked as Nick, no? Although that was 5 years ago so maybe it’s been a while. Either way good looking prospect.

Lairy was just a McDonald’s nominee. Typically only a select group of 4 and 5 stars get the award. Lairy was the Indiana Mr. Basketball runner up though, which is pretty impressive.

4 Likes

Funny…I agree was thinking same thing about Miami and also this kid reminds me of the current Toledo kid/star with similar game.

When’s the last time Toledo has been to NCAA?

ICL (yup) and Lairy had pretty high rankings.

Him?: JT Shumate College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Probably the best comparison I could find

1 Like

Great to see us get so many kids from Indiana the last couple years. The Chicago thing is potentially huge as there are so many stars in that market.

1 Like

Yup…that’s the guy he reminds of…quite a bit.

Projecting…but I see similar game.

1 Like

Valpo offer

UIC offer.

Western Illinois.

Pedon and Illinois State offer

2 Likes

Belmont

Northwestern