NCAA Tournament Thread

Hadley with a dinger!

1 Like

Big miscue by Spaid. Also, why not just take the out at 1st for the second out?

Addy Houdini

1 Like

Absolutely perfect execution of the pickle!

2 Likes

Just the way Bud Middaugh drew it up in his Baseball class.

2 Likes

Dayton pitcher is pounding our right handlers with that screwball on the inside quarter of the plate. With two strikes she tries to get us to chase a pitch away and down. She’s pretty effective with her approach.

Has anyone yet said how boring these Dayton jerseys are?

3 Likes

UD is actually outhitting us 6-4.

1 Like

Yes, we’re winning, but just 4 hits today/tonight after only 2 yesterday. I know we’re facing better pitching than most MAC squads, but what has happened to the nation’s best offense?

If you think Dayton’s gray on gray on gray with blue sox is boring, flip over to UCF and their white on white on white with white sox.

You ever stand in the batters box with a 70+ mph softball coming at you moving all over? If you don’t see it all season and then see it in a strange setting, you can get lost really fast

2 Likes

4-0 final and we stay alive.

Flyers shutout in their first ever trip to the NCAA Tournament.

1 Like

I thought Dayton repped Southwest Ohio respectably. The A-10 Champion fought us right to the end. Nice game, Flyers!

3 Likes

Warm air is less dense than cold air even with the higher humidity the warmer air is capable of holding more moisture allowing the ball to travel further.

1 Like

Humid air is less dense, but the impact on ball flight is negligible. The more significant impact is that humidity causes baseballs and softballs to have less pop off the bat, which outweighs the difference in air density.

1 Like

I went to the Amex at Harding Park in San Francisco. The year Tiger beat John Daly in a playoff so a while back. During the round, the fog came in and I saw VJ hit a wedge and leave in 25 yards short. His caddie had told him to club up but he shrugged him off. Moisture in the air absolutely reduces spin on the ball. And it messes up ball flight/trajectory. The only time I’ve seen humidity lift a ball was playing tennis in Florida before a hurricane. The ball went all kinds of crazy.

Addy Houdini

UVa pinch-hits for their 8 hitter in the second inning, before that player even gets an at-bat? Seems desperate.

I don’t think we can hit this pitcher.

Injury maybe?