NCAA Tournament Thread

Weird thing to accept, sans science.

The science is pretty clear that being struck by lightning can be less than ideal for the human body…

Having easily digestible/rememberable rules for safety is a good thing, even if they err too far on the side of caution for some circumstances. Worse case, a sports game is cancelled or delayed unnecessarily. Oh well.

1 Like

Anybody seen an update on our game and the prognosis for getting tonight’s games in? It’s already past time for the start of the UVA vs somebody game and the two somebodies are stuck in the second inning with a tarp on the field.

1 Like

They are rolling the tarp off the field right now!

At least I didn’t say wood. When did that change? Was it for safety reasons? Hell, I’ll be 80 next week, if this is the only mistake I make for awhile I will be grateful.

1 Like

Welcome to the land of the 80-90 year olds. I’m 83, a whole new world!

3 Likes

I don’t know maybe you could read up on it and find out.

A relatives father in law was killed by a lighting strike with not a cloud in the sky. How far did it travel?

Greetings from Tampa Bay, lightning capital of the world.

How’s the outlook for the softball game though?

Game on at 7:15

Addy Jarvis not sharp. A hard it base hit and a walk to open the 2nd. Got out of it though. Flyers strand runners at the corners.

She gets out of the jam. Still 0-0.

1 Like

Bases loaded with nobody out. We need a big number here.

1 Like

1-0 thanks to a bases loaded walk. Still no outs. Pitching change for UD.

Now 3-0 after two in innings.

1 Like

Dayton’s Centerville Elk Centerfieder makes a circus catch. Stop already!

Wonder if the humidity the past two weeks has had an impact. Tons of balls dying at the warning track.

1 Like

I was just thinking the same thing.Balls that normally fly away are dying on the warning track.

The ball travels further when the humidity is higher.

Unless it gets hit by lightning.

3 Likes

I’m no sexy scientist, but I live in the fog belt and I can tell you that when it’s foggy, you can’t hit a golf ball very far. Too much moisture in the air.

You also can’t hit a golf ball very far if your swing looks like C3PO, but that’s another story.

Coors Field is a launching pad. Elevation and low humidity.

Dayton is hitting the ball hard but our defense is making plays so far.

1 Like