Monitoring the Miami Transfer Portal

Miami DE Kam Butler has entered the transfer portal…Damn

1 Like

Oh my on Butler- taking a beating on the D Line through graduation and transfer portal

Yeah that’s a kick to the groin. Younger players are going to have to step up in a hurry.

Butler is a huge loss, wtf, seems late for Burns and Butler to be entering…majority did the last few months

The timing is a little strange, although there are still kids from other schools entering, so he isn’t alone. Perhaps he was waiting on something academically? Like if he was going to graduate in time to transfer this winter? I don’t know. Regardless, it sucks feeling like the minor leagues to these P5 programs.

You can’t blame Burns. If the staff thought he was good, they wouldn’t have recruited guys to come in and instantly jump him on the depth chart.

1 Like

I went back to the depth chart for the north texas game and we lost all 4 DE’s from the depth chart.

Does anyone who else is left? I think there was a guy from Massillon high school that played on special teams

Is the Iowa State player a DE?

Rats. My lovely wife and I sat with his parents at the banquet in Mobile. Great people and very polite young man.

The Iowa state transfer is a DE, so he’ll be counted on immediately. Woullard, the kid from Massillon, was a player that coaches were very high on after fall camp. I expect him to be a big contributor. Other than those two…yeah it’s pretty bare. Guys like CJ Ware, Terran Hearn are going to step up. Incoming freshman Joshua Lukusa might also be thrown into the fire right away. Guess it’s still possible that we’ll add another transfer, we’ll see.

Is Miles Marshall still transferring to Miami? On the football twitter page they talk about transfers coming in and he isn’t listed, although 24/7 shows him enrolled.

It looks like he posted a picture with a Miami graphic yesterday. And his profile picture is him in a Miami jersey, so I would assume he still plans on coming? I’m not sure what the deadlines are, but maybe the other guys just signed early or something?

1 Like

They will probably come after the second semester.

Singleton entered the portal. Defense is going to be a completely new team at this rate.

The portal is going to be making fan allegiance as fleeting as player and coach allegiance. Your favorite college team is going to be a group of transactional mercenaries you are unfamiliar with.

2 Likes

True. But weren’t you pushing for Miami to be very active in the portal?

1 Like

I dunno, I’ve been a Bengals fan for over 30 years now, despite all the personnel changes.

I believe they only announced the guys who started classes this week.

Butler already has an offer from Penn State, so I’m guessing he’ll see a lot of interest.

I guess if you want to spin this positively, CM and his staff are recruiting and developing talent. Just a shame their careers don’t end here.

1 Like

Add in Ole Miss for Butler’s second offer.

I would look for Butler to move away from DE and try LB, may not, but wouldn’t be surprised

1 Like