Money Changes Everything

Take a look at this site. It shows athletic budgets for most schools. OSU naturally spending a ton. Miami is listed near the top for the MAC but MAC budgets pale in comparison to the bigs.

2 Likes

I was struck by how profitable men’s hoops could be if they start winning (they will) and begin filling Millett.

2 Likes

Cut hockey

:popcorn:

1 Like

No way.

3 Likes

Living up to your username, I see.

3 Likes

How bout FIX hockey!

4 Likes

CAL, Stanford, and SMU to the ACC. Official. Starting in 2024. These three schools will get initially 30% of the revenue the other ACC schools get and SMU has agreed to forgo certain revenue for 7 years. The closest ACC school to CAL and Stanford is Louisville, which is 2,000 miles away.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s time to bring back…The Comcord!
Viva La France! Ou oui La bibliotech? Ok, jokes aside I think it’s probably a good move for the 2 Cali schools. SMU is a bit of a shock.

So if you are Oregon State and Washington State do you invite the entire MWC and keep the PAC 12 NCAA credits. Individual MWC teams cant leave because it was cost them $34M but if they all leave then it would work

3 Likes

Brilliant idea! And, someone should keep the name alive for the day in the not too distant future everything inevitably reverts back to the way it was. When the travel becomes idiotic because the tv revenue dries up.

Now that is a brilliant idea.

Oregon State has said multiple times their preference is to rebuild the Pac 12. With 2 teams left, and no TV deal, I would say that is a gargantuan task at the moment.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It might make for interesting television to see the same two teams play each other over and over and over all season long.

1 Like

Of course they’d want that result. Oregon State would be guaranteed to be in the conference title game every year.

(Yeah, I know 2 isn’t even close to the minimum number of teams required to hold a conference championship game.)

If only the AD and admin would focus on this like a butler. We have no chance to do anything in college football

Cut football first

Lol… good idea! The one sport that is driving EVERYTHING

1 Like

Driving a Yugo. If we put twice as much as we do now into hoops and get 1-2 guys, will be much more exciting in March

A chart I hadn’t seen. Miami is middle of the pack in both the MAC and the G5.