Mile High Miracle this weekend ! Mu vs DU

Miami at Denver best of 3 NCHC tournament first round.
Take the road dog!

3 Likes

7-25-2 very small chance for even 1 win. on the road.

Might as well not even bother to play the game with that attitude.

Screw it, win two and advance. Go Miami.

3 Likes

Of course I am hoping that Miami wins the tournament. Not a “attitude” , just being realistic . Hope I am dead wrong.

We control our National Championship Destiny. Can even lose 1 this weekend.

That’s it. I say “Take the Road Dog”!

2 Likes

I mean we were crappy in 2013-14 but made the NCHC title game still, why not make another run?

2 Likes

Get Austin Czarnik ,Sean Kuraly, Riley Barber, Blake Coleman on the phone,stat!

2 Likes

I had an appendectomy on Monday, forcing me to the couch with nchc.tv for this series, but if we can somehow manage to force a game 3, I’ll try to rally to get to Magness and cheer for us! (or we could just win in two, that would be fine :laughing:)

1 Like

Power play goal! 1-0 less than 4 minutes in.

1 Like

Tied at 1 after a penalty filled first (three on DU’s Rizzo alone!).

And then 2 quick DU goals in the second, 3-1 after 2.

ETA: 5-2 final after DU gets the ENG during an otherwise pretty even third. The game was surprisingly much closer than the score would lead you to believe. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Question: When is the last time going empty Net turned a game into a Miami Win? It seems we’re just padding our Ncaa goals against average ( towards the very negative)? It looks like Miami has given up
148 goals. Second most in the NCAA. Guess who has given up 167? St.Thomas,Mn. Coached by…….

Maybe the extra skater hasn’t worked for Miami but it is a common strategy. Other teams have scored late goals against us for sure this year and in the past.

Not sure how losing 4-2 yesterday would have made any difference

1 Like

Doing the Empty Net just trashes the team Goals Against Stat and again, when has it worked in the last 2-3 years?

1 Like

What do you think the players reaction would be if Berg said to the boys no pulling the goalie to try to win the game, we gotta protect that goals against stat?

9 Likes

Well, that game was a disappointing end to a disappointing season. Here’s to next year…

Disappointing but, sadly, predictable.

Bleh.

1 Like

You play to win, not for the “pretty stats.” I was at the NCAA game back in 2015 I believe in Providence where we played much of the 3rd without a goalie, and brought it back to within 1, we scored like 3 goals with the extra attacker - our last good season I believe. Was the “2 in 22” game in 2006 our last game we won with a pulled goalie?

2 Likes

Correct. That team really had skaters.
Louis Belpedio’s spectacular full rink empty Net sliding save,right?
Hoping the recruits coming in can help.

3 Likes

:clap::clap: