Miami vs UC Game Thread 2024

That’s absolutely huge

1 Like

Gotta shut them down out of half and put 7 on the board

Only down one score…just scares me that 6 quarters into the season we have yet to score a touchdown

90 minutes of football and we have a whopping 9 points this season.

Well we gave them a free touchdown and took a touchdown away I guess it evens out

2 Likes

What a break!

UC fighting and breaking tackles…no pass rush and when we do flush their QB out, he t nda to find wide open receivers. So, we are very lucky to only be down a TD.

But that’s all academic unless we can find an offense. We actually did have two good drives, resulting in only 3 points. Not sure what we need to do differently other than protect Brett better and get the ball out faster. No inside ball games when throwing as Brett needs every second looking down field.

Let’s hope they have a classic Satterfield second half collapse

I’ve gotta head out to a kid fun fair. Bring us home a winner!

1 Like

We are really, really lucky to be down 7 right now. I know UC shit the bed and blew a last week but from what I’ve seen we can’t mount a two TD comeback.

Defense has played nice been-don’t-break defense so far but the long drive concerns me. Need to play tighter in the secondary to stop the intermediate passing game because they’re tearing us up. Would like more pressure up front to force sacks/turnovers, but overall its clear that the D isn’t our problem today.

Offensively we can get away with crappy execution to an extent against MAC teams or if we have the special teams from last year. We’re playing a Big 12 team and clearly have taken a step back on ST, they need to dig deep and find a way to finish drives. Work within what Brett can do and get the ball to our playmakers. Once we’re in the red zone find some creative first down plays to get short 2nd and 3rd downs, if we don’t do that I can’t see us coming back unless one we string some big play touchdowns by some miracle.

The comeback starts with a stop on the opening drive. From there it’s in the offense’s hands to make something happen, Chuck finding a way through this is why we gave you an extension.

Chuck Martin’s game and clock management still sucks.

6 Likes

Brett needs to quit looking only for 15. He has a tendency to fixate on one receiver. Tracy is elite and needs the ball in his hands.Get it to 11!

1 Like

Brett is at his best when we set up the running game (backs and him on the read option/scrambling) and he makes the defense open up the secondary for downfield passes. Without a clear feature back like Amos and with his leg injury that has gone away, and I’m not sure what we can do to adjust.

How’s the student section looking? Still packed or did they give up?

Well, they seem to have better coaching and better players. We need luck and breaks. Start now.

Well crap. We are really disorganized on each side of the ball.

UC definitely wants to win this game more than Miami

“Movement on the Miami front with the Clap”

Well, the Clap does tend to get one moving

2 Likes

Why are their guys getting so much space

Better scheme than is

sUCks has better skill players.
Their QB is simply better than ours.
What’s surprising is they seem to want the W more.
As posted earlier, we’ll now need a healthy dose of good fortune.
I don’t see us coming back from 14 down.