Miami vs. Toledo

Shumate looks like Jimmy Chitwood.

Hey Indy, that is a bit of a cheap shot on Anderson. He has dropped weight, and has been a major contributor on a team with very few major contributors this year.

3 Likes

Ok.

Not fair or kind.

But not completely untrue.

Smith just got his transfer notice. Put yofan in.

Oh well.

See you guys around.

You are loyal!!!

How could we find a way to win this down 14. That’s where I’m gonna go. C’mon Lairy and get hot!

What do you mean “Smith got his transfer notice”? That he has already applied to transfer?

He means that if they are playing Yofan over Billy then the coaches are telling Billy to transfer

1 Like

May as well start thinking about putting bench guys in give them a couple minutes.

I look forward to the day(s) when the MAC tournament is entertaining again. Sadly it’s been far too long and will be even longer.

Maybe Billy should work on the weaknesses in his game and not throw in the towel. I think Billy could contribute to this team but he needs to develop more than just being a spot up shooter when he is wide open.

I am sure Billy will work on his game but remember he wasnt recruited by Steele. I think in general kids transfer too early but maybe this situation isnt the right one

I think Billy can be a good MAC player but I can understand being frustrated from going from starting to behind a walk on

Oh well…Lewis made some contribution today…but also erratic in decisions and passing.

Toledo just has more skill and more toughness.

Still hard to understand how you can lose 20 straight to a conference foe…new low in that regard for Miami Bball…another “20” season, only losses that is…ugh.

2 Likes

Well about all you can say about this game is we didn’t lose by 20. UT dominated every facet of this game.

1 Like

Oh well. Here’s to better days ahead.
Sorry to see Ryan get injured but good on Eli for getting in and Will. Nice way to go out for him. We had 4 dudes in double figures and we likely needed 5 or 6 to win today.

UT is just much better. I suppose it makes sense that the team that won 16 of 18 in conference is a lot better than the team that won 6 of 18.

Should be a very interesting off-season. Do higher level transfers want to play here? If so, how many? Are any of our higher level players shopping for a new place? We could be looking at a completely different level of play next year - or a slightly improved version of our current self.

1 Like

I doubt any top guys leave…biggest problem moving forward is PG play…PF/C depth, contributions.

2 Likes

We still cannot play solid D and have great problems on the boards- we need both a transfer PG and a true
post player to go with the incoming strong freshman class.Williams was awful today on D and rebounding . AM great promise re scoring inside but unless he at 260 range he is not the rebounder and D player in the paint we need. Morris has potential at the center position but still undersized. A lot of work to do but I am confident Steele is the guy to do it- BTW any way AM can play at least one year of football?

Toledo is really good and way more talented than us. We played hard, but just couldn’t stop them. Our effort was there for the most part, just not enough talent on the roster.

Morgan Safford is an absolute dog. I love watching him play and he is very skilled at both ends. Keeping him for next year is critical.

Lots of complaining to the refs today by Steele AND the players. Sure, there were a few bad calls, but we just come across as whiny and I don’t think it helps us much.

2 Likes

I’m proud of the growth this team showed toward the end of the year.

4 Likes

Under Steele, it isn’t a game unless Miami gets a technical!!

Portal officially opens Monday.

1 Like