Miami vs. Toledo

Terrible start, especially defensively. THE ZONE DEFENSE DOESN’T WORK BECAUSE WE DON’T PLAY IT CORRECTLY! It also doesn’t help that Toledo came out ready to play and they’re playing with more energy than we are.

Offensively, we need to move the ball, use more of the shot clock and pound the ball inside, try to get Shumate in foul trouble. It looks like they’re going to front Mirambeaux so we need to be willing to lob it in over him. We’re shooting too quickly and shot selection has been pretty poor.

3 Likes

Personally, I have seen enough of Lewis.

1 Like

And Lewis turns it over again. I will repeat, I have seen enough of him.

That was a bad one

I don’t know who we put in if Mabrey is hurt, but Tatum is really bad today.

That one wasn’t his fault. Lairy should’ve thrown it back to Safford in the backcourt. Safford was rendered useless once the ball came across halfcourt so quickly, Lewis was left to dry.

I could see him not getting much playing time at all next year.

1 Like

I’m sorry mz, I saw the play. There were other things Lewis could have done. Doesn’t matter. Miami is hopelessly overmatched. I’m not being pessimistic. Just honest.

1 Like

Smith deserves minutes here.

We have to try to get to 80. Somehow.

We dead

1 Like

Disappointing gameplans all around. Yes, Toledo is #1 in the league and they are for good reason and they played well and we don’t match up with them. But the way we try to play this zone defense doesn’t work because we leave open shooters. Toledo shot 62% in the 1st half while forcing some shots. If they were a little more patient on some possessions, it would be 75-80%. Offensively, we’re not putting Mirambeaux in a position to be effective and Lairy hasn’t set the offense up well. A significant change of events will have to occur for us to get back in the game.

He hasn’t deserved anything over the past month plus.

Getting killed bolte rockets

Ok.

This is working well.

2 Likes

Maybe their coach leaves?

This is the exact game Smith shouldn’t be in. He doesn’t have the strength to play the 4 against strong teams. And if you didn’t notice, every Toledo player is physically stronger than we are right now. In those games he can’t get a shot off, he gets pushed off his spot, he gets pushed out of the triple threat stance, and struggles defensively.

I get it, you want the local kid to play. He’s not ready for this and he’s shown it during the season. He has an entire offseason to bridge the gap and that’s ok. Most freshmen aren’t ready.

He’s out of the rotation for a reason. Not saying he stinks or anything, but he also stands out big time as a horrible defensive player on a team that already lets teams score at will.

Good valud opinion.

Smith was +7 last game against Toledo. By far the best.

Then was scheduled to start at NIU.

What’s gonna happen? Toledo will get 100 today if they keep the pedal down.

Im a Myja White homer too. Lol

Miarambeax looks like a guy that gets high and eats pancakes all day.

I really liked most of what you had to say until this. We’re missing a shutdown guard this year like Myja, and I think Steele would agree. But Mirambeaux woke up early every day to drop 70lbs before this season. He knows he has a weight issue and has worked hard every day to fix it, becoming all conference in the process. To demean what he’s done is just a bad, embarrassing look.

6 Likes

I like him. A lot.

But, you are dead wrong about the work.

Maybe the off-season will be good.