Miami Student Victim of Po Po Brutality

Officer involved quit Hamilton’s department while under suspension “conduct unbecoming an officer”. Had a “sexual encounter” with a woman while on his dinner break.

In an interesting twist there was a Hamilton prosecutor with the same last name who was fired after multiple incidences of walking around nude and lost his law license for driving naked on 75 while “performing a sex act on himself”. Both names are listed on the same property in Hamilton so assuming the two are related.

1 Like

Bizarre! This sounds like a “Florida man” story!

As less qualified people go into law enforcement, these stories will unfortunately increase it seems.

1 Like

The job is a magnet for the exact personality type that shouldn’t be a cop.

I also read that in a case in Connecticut the discovery process subpoenaed the Wonderlic company’s records and found out that around 70% of state, county and metropolitan law enforcement agencies will disqualify a candidate if they score too high on the intelligence test.

I won’t go any more political than to say that if this cop is dismissed, have no doubt that the FOP will find him another job within 20 or 30 miles, just like they apparently did when he left his last one under a cloud.

2 Likes

Insane.

1 Like

That whole case was crazy, but the craziest part is that the maximum Wonderlic score the city would allow for someone to be considered was only a 27/50.

4 Likes

Interesting. I thought the Wonderlick was only used for NFL QB evaluation.

They know who they’re looking for.

1 Like

They’re a much bigger company that does all kinds of testing and assessment services for private companies and state and local governments.

2 Likes

Thanks for the context!

1 Like

Read an article that Butler County completed their investigation and decided use of force by the officer was justified

That’s a shocker.

2 Likes

He punched him in the face three times. And slammed his knees into his kidneys. That is unjustifiable use of force.

3 Likes

Kid is lucky that the psycho didn’t shoot him.

1 Like

The statement defending the lack of consequences literally says that the cop showed great restraint by only beating him rather than shooting him.

1 Like

I’ve been debating weighing in on this topic….but can no longer help myself. :smile:

1. Kid started breaking the unwritten rule about underage drinking….if you’re going to do it, chill. Don’t cause trouble because the drinking thing will take any reasonable explanation about what happened next to nil

2. Kid is taking on three bouncers (why they were fighting him outside the bar, after they got him out should be the real discussion here) when the cop shows up

3. He resists the first cop. When you’re wrong shut the fuck up and do not resist. The cop will make you stop one way or the other

4. When the kneeing happens, he’s still resisting, even with the second cop there, engaged….watch him try to push up with two hands

Three punches, two knees and two cops neutralized the situation. Done

6 Likes

When you invite force into the equation I find it hard to then complain that too much was used. My fear is that this will cause a rift between our athletes and the Oxford PD. Something we desperately do not need. I also think that this story could be an influencing factor in an athlete’s decision making to come to Miami. One does not have to be aligned with the officer’s actions to realize that this could have all been avoided.

No question he resisted arrest. But the force used was excessive. And I am far from a progressive leftist.

1 Like

I’d argue that we don’t need athletes who have a habit of drinking underage, then pick a fight with bouncers, then resist arrest.