Miami men at Toledo 7:00 Friday on CBSSN

This is the first game of a Friday night MAC DH on CBSSN. Chick Hernandez on the play by play and Mike O,Donnell on color. It is also the 3rd straight national TV game for Toledo, and next Tuesday night will make it 4 in a row. Toledo has won 3 consecutive regular season MAC championships, which is why they are getting this kind of TV coverage. UT is 7-6 (1-0), Miami is 6-7 (0-1). We have lost at least 15 in a row to the Rockets. Despite all these wonderful stats for the Rockets, I think 1980 is the last NCAA appearance for them.

Toledo opened MAC play with an impressive 86 to 77 win at Ohio Tuesday night. That was their 10 th win in the last 11 games vs OU, so they are dominating the Bobcats too. VS OU, their starting lineup was:
Jr Dante Maddox, Jr. 15.8ppg
Jr. RaHeim Moss
Jr Tyler Cochran. 12.6/6.2
Fr Sonny Wilson
Javon Simmons 14.9 ppg

Cochran is 9th nationally in steals per game at 2.5. Toledo leads the MAC in FG % and is Second in FT%. They operate a very effective and consistent offense. We lost two key players ( Jacquel Morris and Bradley Dean) to injury in the Western Michigan loss, I don’t know if they will play Friday or not.

New starting lineup for Miami:

Cooper
Hunter
Elmer
Bultman
Potter

I hope Ipsaro’s ankle isn’t bothering him, but it must be. And not sure if Dean is available, but hoping he will be? Other big question mark is Morris—no idea his status…

Ipsaro and Dean not dressed.

1 Like

Nice starts for Potter and Bultman.

1 Like

We’re creating good shots, but they’re not going down.

1 Like

Potter with the heat check 3attempt. I’ll allow it the way he has played so far.

1 Like

Miami’s offense is fun when they make 9 of 10.

2 Likes

=>Reece Potter putting together his Transfer Portal highlight B roll tonight.

Hope Steele looking at getting a 2-for-1 in this last 55 seconds.

1 Like

Wow, heckuva tip in by Potter!

1 Like

Best half of the season!

3 Likes

Confidence is an amazing thing. Looking for a big second half from Cooper.

3 Likes

Toledo is not going away. It’s a 40-minute game. Blah blah blah.

Wally with a Love and Honor! Priceless!

Elmer 3 fouls. Does he start second half?

+4 rebounding in the first half.

Hunter was a great transfer portal pickup. - Captain Obvious

1 Like

Just looked it up and our last win against them was the last game before we played them in football in 2011. So if we can hang on it would be:

Beat Toledo in basketball

Play Toledo in football

Lose 20 straight games to Toledo in basketball

Play the next football game against Toledo

Beat Toledo in basketball

1 Like

We’ve got to find a way to avoid these 3 minute stretches of absolutely terrible basketball. We seem to get one every game. It’s killing is!

2 Likes

just turned on game is Ipsaro injured?