Miami men at NIU Saturday at 4:30 ESPN3

Lewis gives up way less defensively than Williams, actually moves and cuts on offense, and at least reminds with some consistent. Tatum is too small to play the 3 or 4.

They are both bad. All you are saying is one is slightly less bad than the other.

1 Like

How many techs is that for Steele this season? Dude’s gotta learn to keep it in check.

Officiating turning full MAC. They let Mirambeaux and Lairy get hit on back to back possessions. Then call a weaker foul on Lairy.

1 Like

And a technical on Steele, then a double technical on lairy and Thornton. And we are sucking. Lairy now has 4 fouls and a bad limp and is out.

Kinda hard for Mirambeaux and Stafford to shoot when their arms are getting held down

42-26 at the first media TO.

1 Like

We got down 18, Then Safford scored 8 points in 3 consecutive possessions. Down 12 at the 12 and under TO. Lairy has a bag of ice on his knee.

Once again our game has turned into a giant crapfest

1 Like

Just 4 more to go after today. Woo hoo

7 minutes to go, we chopped a 20 point lead down 13 at 54-41. Lairy is back in the game.

2 Likes

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, it’s not the refs.

Coach Steele’s focus should be on getting us better. So much of his focus is on “working the refs” and making sure they understand how disgusted he is with their efforts. Obviously it’s not working; as he seems equally and increasingly displeased each game. (I’d imagine the refs are equally as unimpressed with his performance.)

We aren’t very good and have no margin for error. Giving away points every other game doesn’t help. And gaining a reputation of being a whiner and hot-head isn’t going to help him get calls down the road. The irate and/or miffed act is already old. Coach the team. It’s not the refs.

2 Likes

We are down 7. We might lose here but you can’t say these guys don’t fight.

2 Likes

What game are you watching? Because every game I’ve watched he’s coaching his players constantly. Because he works the refs at times you think he can’t do both?

Because it’s important to not let MAC officials walk on you when those possessions do matter.

4 Likes

Teasing us with enough good play to make you wonder where it’s been.

7-0 run and we are down just 7 with a little over 3 minutes to go. TO Huskies. We went zone and they went cold.

Steele is good on out of bounds plays, see if we can get a quick one here.

Mabry seems to be climbing over that wall that a lot of freshmen hit at this point in the season. Good to see.

3 Likes

I figured the shooting would come around eventually, but his defense is night and day from the beginning of the year.

4 Likes

Down 3 with 29 seconds to go, our ball. Andy missed two 3 footers or we might have the lead. TO Miami