Miami men at Eastern Michigan Saturday at 1:00 on ESPN+

This is a Charlie Coles vs Keith Dambrot kind of game.

4 Likes

Good start

EMU is atrocious. Without Billingsley they wouldn’t even be in double digits. 4 or last 5 EMU shots have been airballs. Miami doing a much better job working the ball, executing the offense, getting more inside looks, and taking threes within the offense as opposed to settling for threes in the second half. And EMU sucks.

3 Likes

I have no problem shooting threes as long as they are within the offense. Clearly Steele didn’t like what we were doing first half as the offense is distinctly different second half. More “Miami” like.

1 Like

It’s good that Dean is playing with more confidence, but 1/7 on threes is not what you’re looking for, especially since most haven’t been great looks.

1 Like

Sometimes shots don’t fall. Aside from the last one, all have been very open looks. This team needs its guards to look to score.

1 Like

Forget 55, there is still no guarantee EMU will get to 35.

1 Like

I’m going to assume Miami holds on to win.

They’ll come home for two good games next week, trying to reach 10 MAC wins for the first time since Julian Mavunga was a Jr in 2010-11.

2 Likes

Not sure it matters, but we can’t seem to buy a bucket here in last couple minutes.

1 Like

Wow unbelievable its been that long

2 Likes

Its official!

8 Likes

Obviously EMU isn’t great and they were without their star player, but holding a MAC opponent to 37 on their home court is huge.

2 Likes

52-37 final. 2-14 on threes first half. 3-10 on threes second half. So not great shooting night but very good D and did enough to beat a horrible team. Dominated start to finish.

1 Like

Steele post game- “offense needs to be better. To stagnant first half. Motion offense second half.”

1 Like

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

1 Like

9-7 in MAC, 15-14 overall. 3 game winning streak. Currently 5th seed.

2 Likes

Steele and company now have 4 more D1 wins than last year. Ugly win is still a win.

6 Likes

Last two regular season games at Millett-Toledo and OU.

2 Likes

I want another shot at Toledo. I have a sneaking suspicion we can tune them if we play well. They are in a dogfight with Buffalo right now.

Miami has punched their ticket to Cleveland!!

3 Likes