Miami MBB 2023-24 Roster

Never thought about J Term. You are probably correct.

I will snoop around.

1 Like

Late post since the information was shared, but it appears that Mirambeaux has another year of eligibility and he indicates that he is coming back. Further, Skins is adamant that Tatum get some respect and has lobbied hard for his return…so he’s back on the chart!!!

2023-24 Scholarship Players:

SR (4) : (F) 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux, (F) 6-8 Javin Etzler, (F) 6-7 Kamari Williams, (G) 6-5 Morgan Safford

JR (3) : (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) 6-6 Julian Lewis, (G) 6-4 Bryson Tatum;

SO (4) : (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-7 Billy Smith, (G) 6-5 Ryan Mabry, (F) 6-8 Jaquel Morris

FR (5): (G) Evan Ipsaro 5-10, (F) Jackson Kotecki 6-9, (G) Mekhi Cooper 6’, (F) Eian Elmer 6-6, (C) Reece Potter 7’

[9] Forwards/Bigs: Anderson Mirambeaux (6-8), Javin Etzler (6-8), Kamari Williams (6-7), Curtis Harrison (6-7), Mitchell Rylee (6-8), Jaquel Morris (6-8), Jackson Kotecki (6-9), Eian Elmer (6-6), Reese Potter (7’)

[7] Guards: Julian Lewis, Morgan Safford, Bryson Tatum, Billy Smith, Ryan Mabry, Evan Ipsaro, Mekhi Cooper

…OK…so now Miami has 16 scholarship players for the 2023-24 season. That means that 3 on the list above WILL NOT be returning…

1 Like

I think that means Etzler. Likely has his degree anyways. Could also be Curtis. Seems like a make or break year for him imo.

1 Like

Etzler, Rylee, Tatum, perhaps Harrison. That would be my likely candidates not to return on scholarship.

3 Likes

This is a shitty mean spirited classless thread

These kids put in more than they get from 75 fans (including media) and cheer leaders.

They were recruited to come here and accepted compared to what other offer they might have had. Maybe best offer. Then there are injuries, coaching changes, shitty support, and and we speculate about being cut? Fuck Miami.

Every player needs to see this.

Most, if not all them, would get scholarship money. Minority? Financial? Academic? Or, maybe parents just can pay state school price?

Anyone good enough to transfer needs ro get out. If you can’t get out, take your $ value (B+ Rating) school and graduate asap and leave.

Etzler is a first class act, get to know him. Nothing but shit dealt to him here. 21 years old. Same for Harrison. Absolute stud of a person who has injuries.

Sorry to vent.

These kids. No NIL, no fans, middle of nowhere, a mediocre party school. A psycho coach acting like its UCLA or he belongs at Xavier and then we speculate about getting bullied into portal.

Just get a Farmer degree or whatever and move on to brighter days outside Miami sports.

Every good player will move on.

There’s your 3

4 Likes

Both of Ryleee’s parents died last year. Both!

Cincy kid. This is home to him. Rooms with Smith in Hepburn.

2 Likes

1 Like

Shooter you are free to call me and anyone else here whatever you would like. And make as many disparaging remarks about Miami as a University as you like. But Nickskin raises valid points. We have 16 players. 13 scholarships. It is mean spirited to have a discussion about who might not return? Did you tell Steele he was mean spirited for running players off (assumption on my part that is what happened). No one attacked these kids personally. It is an athletics message board. These are the types of things discussed. I don’t believe anyone made “mean spirited attacks”. So, if you feel I am a bastard or anything else for responding, so be it. You wouldn’t be the first, or likely the last.

8 Likes

Shooter, you have contributed some great information and I hope you’ll continue. There is a lot of positive energy here for the players and the program. But it’s a message board. I’m thinking your expectations of this group may be too high? :slight_smile: There have been a lot of unfortunate comments about players in a lot of sports on this board. But there are immediately more comments setting the record straight.

This program is headed in the right direction. That will fill more seats at Millett. We need to try to get everyone on board!

4 Likes

You all are right. I am too close and need to remove myself.

See you after the season.

1 Like

Shooter, I hope my comments weren’t what you referred to. I only suggested Etzler as he has his degree and I do think it’s make or break for Curtis (I hope make as he’s got the right frame to help on D). Wasn’t trying to suggest they aren’t quality kids. I love anyone who wears the block M. Or any logo we have. Either way, would not seek to offend anyone. Onward!

2 Likes

I would understand but be saddened to hear it. On one hand, we have more commits than available slots. I wish we could keep each player. All of the players currently on the roster have been such fantastic representatives of Miami. Like you said, each has a unique story. We have 13 scholarships and 16 players.

I really considered saying something earlier in the thread, but also feel like it’s the nature of message boards for people to speculate. I sometimes struggle to find the line of what is real discourse and what crosses that line. As an admin, that’s a struggle when dealing with conversations people are passionate about.

I would love for you to stick around through the season. Your perspective on conversations like this are valuable, including the perspective that maybe MHT isn’t the right place for them.

5 Likes

I will say, if these kids leave Miami and move up to bigger programs the “vitriol” of Miami HawkTalk will be laughably tame compared to whatever they encounter elsewhere.

I mean, shit dude, just stay out of this if it’s going to trigger you that badly. It’s a totally fair, normal discussion to have on a message board.

4 Likes

As an alternate perspective, if you’re close to the program and see someone’s name being listed with people others being discussed to not return, it pushes a feeling that they’re not wanted here by the fan base.

While I don’t think anyone is saying that, I wouldn’t want any player feeling unwanted by Miami. I want to see all of them each their potential and look back fondly on their time at Miami.

This is a message board and things are often discussed that we might not say in person. I don’t think anyone here would tell any players that they don’t expect them back next year. It’s easy for people close to the program to feel like these are things being said directly to players faces.

I remember when I was a student I had fraternity brothers on the football team. They’d laugh at some hawktalk comments and share screenshots in group texts talking about how we’re a bunch of dumbasses that have no clue what’s going on. I would assume any player/parent/etc feels similarly today and that comes with the disclaimer that anything said should be taken with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

I would also offer up no matter how bad any of us lobby here to have a player go any direction (stay or go) it’s ultimately up to the coach to make the calls. Like the tv showing 24/7 Hallmark in my house (plot newsflash: they end up together!!!) I have no say in the outcome or why it has to be on. Every single night!!! One cool thing I see happening we can all appreciate: more hoops interest here. Good, bad, and in between. I think that’s a really big deal since we are building from the ground up fan interest wise. Finally, if anyone involved with men’s hoops is reading this: run the damn picket fence already. At least one doggone time?

1 Like

Shooter….The purpose of this thread was not to diminish any player. For as long as this site has been around, I’ve followed and started threads on scholarships/commits/transfers/etc…. All that I’ve posted is public information. Miami has advertised how many (and who) LOI’s were signed in the class of 2023. Certainly anyone can look at the current roster and the current classification of each player. I did not intend this thread to be mean spirited, shitty or classless.

6 Likes

Yeah, I get all that. If I’m a player I laugh at all us jabronis here too.

I’m more responding to this:

Shooter–or Dad–which will we call you? A couple thoughts. One, you joined Oct 15 which means your son is a freshman. If he was older, you would have posted last year or before that. Also, Rylee’s parents died 4-5 years ago. Not last year! You reveal yourself a little there, so we can scratch that you’re Mitchell’s family. Your user name implies either he or you are known as a “shooter”. So, it could be Mr. Smith or Mr. Mabrey? Maybe not, as both have played a lot and lack of PT makes a father crazy.
Whoever you are, you should understand that everyone on this site bleeds Red and White. We are your son’s and the team’s biggest fans. We are (overall) supportive of ALL who wear the Red and White. They are all Miami Men! All of us have invested body and soul to this team, not to mention dollars and days.
You say “Fuck Miami”. You’ve got brass balls coming on here and saying that. You have NO STANDING to make that comment. I’ve seen father’s like you before. One would shock the board if I identified one of them. Do yourself, and us, a favor. DON’T return after the end of the season.
As for me, I am very concerned about having 16 guys on scholly and only 13 allowed. This is on the coach. Now, 3 guys may have to leave. I don’t like this situation at all.
And Shooter, I don’t think the team can add bodies by putting them on academic or other scholly. Thirteen is the max, as far as I recall.
And Steele a “psycho coach”? I haven’t seen any indication of that. On the contrary, he appears to be a players coach.
Sorry you’re so pissed. But don’t come on here and make unjustified or unsupportable attacks on us.

10 Likes

Mighty MU - excellent post

2 Likes

I almost wrote the same comments last night- thanks

1 Like