Miami MBB 2023-24 Roster

My bad, thanks for the correction.

Mostly staff posting for recruits, but still a fun tweet.

Really impressed with Morris and Mabrey throughout the season too.

8 Likes

Big improvement expected Freshman to soph year. Adding Dean and his experience is key as still young roster overall with 5 freshmen. Dean appears he will be able to stretch the floor with his shooting and provide ball handling

8 Likes

One player I didn’t see mentioned in the speculative lineups is Curtis Harrison. If he is still on the team, do we think he simply rides the bench the entire season? I don’t know. If not, and if we don’t add anyone else, and if he is healthy enough to play, he could get some minutes at the 4.

2 Likes

When (if) healthy, Curtis will help. He is, of course…one of the original Sole Bros!

(If you’re not familiar with the Sole Bros brand in SW Ohio, ask your liver to Google it!)

1 Like

Where is dean coming from

A division II school in Virginia called Virginia Wise ( Wise being the town the school is located in.)

UVA-Wise, a D2 school. He was his conference player of the year and a D2 all-American.

1 Like

My guess is Harrison enters the portal and we recruit a big man to start along with Mirambeaux. Two-deep entering next season:

PG: Dean, Isparo
SG: Mabrey, Cooper
SF: Safford, Lewis
PF: Transfer, Kotecki
C: Mirambeaux, Morris

Potter, Rylee and Elmer are the other 3 scholarship players. One or both of Potter and Elmer end up redshirting next season.

I doubt Harrison goes portal unless he’s going to NKU (doubtful based on current highlight reel)…maybe one of Miami’s regional campus teams…

He’s either getting healthy and playing or essentially “hanging it up”…he has a local non-profit company…I would think he stays local throughout his young career.

2 Likes

Mitchell Rylee in the portal. I believe this drops us to 12 scholarship players, so frees up room for an additional transfer portal player or high school player. We have already added a guard so it will be interesting to see what direction Steele goes with this spot. We have lost a few frontcourt/wing players to the portal.

1 Like

After MITCHELL RYLEE portal announcement

2023-24 Scholarship Players: 12

SR (2) : (F) 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux, (G) 6-5 Morgan Safford

JR (3) : (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) 6-6 Julian Lewis; (G) 6-2 Bradley Dean

SO (2) : (G) 6-5 Ryan Mabry, (F) 6-8 Jaquel Morris

FR (5): (G) 5-10 Evan Ipsaro, (F) 6-9 Jackson Kotecki, (G) 6’ Mekhi Cooper, (F) 6-6 Eian Elmer, (C) 7’ Reece Potter

[6] Forwards/Bigs: Anderson Mirambeaux (6-8), Curtis Harrison (6-7), Jaquel Morris (6-8), Jackson Kotecki (6-9), Eian Elmer (6-6), Reese Potter (7’)

[6] Guards: Julian Lewis, Morgan Safford, Bradley Dean, Ryan Mabry, Evan Ipsaro, Mekhi Cooper

7-0 Reece Potter
6-9 Jackson Kotecki
6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux
6-8 Jaquel Morris
6-7 Curtis Harrison
6-6 Julian Lewis
6-6 Eian Elmer
6-5 Morgan Safford
6-5 Ryan Mabry
6-2 Bradley Dean
6-0 Mekhi Cooper
5-10 Evan Ipsaro

Entire roster next year are Steele recruits other than Harrison.

I have no inside knowledge and do not how this is playing out with the transfer portal.

However, I find it interesting that both Smith and Rylee did not announce for the portal as soon as it opened as did the other Miami guys.

I am wondering whether in the season ending reviews Steele told Smith he would have a spot for him if they were not able to attract another wing shooter type. Billy declared 3 days before the Bradley Dean commitment was announced. You have to think that coaches had a good idea of where they stood with Dean a few days before the official announcement.

I am wondering if something similar went on with Rylee. Do the coaches have the track on another big man that precipitated Mitchell going to the portal now? If so, could we expect another announcement of incoming transfer in the next three days or so?

I guess we will find out.

Probably = someone close to transferring in…not too surprised on Rylee, but somewhat given the Ipsaro connection, who knows, maybe that had nothing to do with Ipsaro recruitment and/or Rylee realized or thought he would or could not rise to this level of play?

Hopefully situation where Rylee has a spot where he knows is open for him.

1 Like

Add Bradley Dean to the roster!!

1 Like

And I hope we aren’t done!!

1 Like

After DARWESHI HUNTER portal announcement (NIU>>>MIAMI)

2023-24 Scholarship Players: 13

SR (2) : (F) 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux, (G) 6-5 Darweshi Hunter

JR (4) : (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) 6-5 Morgan Safford, (G) 6-6 Julian Lewis; (G) 6-2 Bradley Dean

SO (2) : (G) 6-5 Ryan Mabry, (F) 6-8 Jaquel Morris

FR (5): (G) 5-10 Evan Ipsaro, (F) 6-9 Jackson Kotecki, (G) 6’ Mekhi Cooper, (F) 6-6 Eian Elmer, (C) 7’ Reece Potter

[6] Forwards/Bigs: Anderson Mirambeaux (6-8), Curtis Harrison (6-7), Jaquel Morris (6-8), Jackson Kotecki (6-9), Eian Elmer (6-6), Reese Potter (7’)

[7] Guards: Julian Lewis, Morgan Safford, Bradley Dean, Darweshi Hunter, Ryan Mabry, Evan Ipsaro, Mekhi Cooper

7-0 Reece Potter
6-9 Jackson Kotecki
6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux
6-8 Jaquel Morris
6-7 Curtis Harrison
6-6 Julian Lewis
6-6 Eian Elmer
6-5 Morgan Safford
6-5 Darweshi Hunter
6-5 Ryan Mabry
6-2 Bradley Dean
6-0 Mekhi Cooper
5-10 Evan Ipsaro

2 Likes

Nick do we know if Harrison can even play? He seems to have had some fairly serious injury problems.

no clue

1 Like